Training Camp 2024 Discussion

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

Arizona is gonna be in big trouble if Kyler can't stay healthy. Clayton Tune is out playing their supposed backup 😬

tbf what you said kinda applies to every team in the NFL not named the Falcons. Pretty much every team is screwed if their starting QB goes down

Also how are people not be bullish on the Falcons? Look at that schedule.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sad People said:

tbf what you said kinda applies to every team in the NFL not named the Falcons. Pretty much every team is screwed if their starting QB goes down

Also how are people not be bullish on the Falcons? Look at that schedule.

True but a lot of teams at least have someone who can keep the offense functional for a few games.. or a young developmental guy with some upside. But Arizona just has two dudes who give you almost zero chance of winning a game

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, adamq said:

The NFC West is gonna be in big trouble if Kyler can't stay healthy.

FIFY. Top 10 all time talent you’re talking about.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Achilles injuries 2 - Colts 0 

S Daniel Scott last month and now Samson Ebukam. 
Good thing Kwity Paye and Laiatu Latu have both been getting a lot of praise for their progresssion.

I would love to see a graph that tracks Achilles injuries over the last 5-10 years to see if there's an actual increase or if we're just noticing it more. Feel's like more continue to happen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I would love to see a graph that tracks Achilles injuries over the last 5-10 years to see if there's an actual increase or if we're just noticing it more. Feel's like more continue to happen

A close friend of mine that does sports performance believes there are some issues with training techniques and principles that some teams or private facilities use. 

• Like 1

Over the past couple days I've seen twitter folks post single plays of Vikings practice, with all 4 possible sides of the QB battle depending on which play they chose..

"Darnold is showing flashes of why he was such a coveted prospect. It will be a long time before we see McCarthy start"

"Darnold is garbage, won't back it past week 1"

"McCarthy struggling in scrimmage, showing why he was such a raw prospect"

"McCarthy is the next coming of Jesus and will start day 1"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Over the past couple days I've seen twitter folks post single plays of Vikings practice, with all 4 possible sides of the QB battle depending on which play they chose..

"Darnold is showing flashes of why he was such a coveted prospect. It will be a long time before we see McCarthy start"

"Darnold is garbage, won't back it past week 1"

"McCarthy struggling in scrimmage, showing why he was such a raw prospect"

"McCarthy is the next coming of Jesus and will start day 1"

you get the same type of post from every fan base. 

• Like 1

Basically yes almost every team is likely screwed if they lose their starter. As someone else said, the Falcons are the only exception. Their backup is a Pro-Ready 1st Round QB that doesn’t need much development.

I can’t see a Nick Foles story happening again in this pass heavy league. Although it’s always a possibility. 

Bengals, Texans, Chiefs, 49ers, Rams, Packers, and Lions are my pick for best offenses this year. And the Dolphins, but inconsistently. 56 points one game, 10 the next. 

Rams Offense is gonna be very good. I would not be shocked if this is the best offense of the entire McVay Era. Although it might end up the worst defense. 

Generally I don't put any stock in 'best shape of their lives' story, but when they have a history of showing up in shape / out of shape, I think it can be notable. 

In this case, I'm really curious about Deebo this year. Reports are that he's in great shape (he's come in out of shape a couple of times in his career) and he looks great. Given that Deebo is also ostensibly in a contract year (one year left on his deal and very real chance he's not a 49er next year, especially if the niners re-sign Aiyuk), this is making me a bit bullish on 2024 season. 

Of course, being in great shape doesn't always mean you can make it through a season healthy (thought it should help), and that has been a recurring issue with Deebo 

8 hours ago, minutemancl said:

If one of these QBs doesn't win ROTY, it will be Malik Nabers. He's incredible. Footage from practice every day is just a Malik Nabers highlight reel.

He was my favorite player in the class… everything should translate that we saw on the college tape… Stud