Los Angeles Rams Starting CB Derion Kendrick Feared to Torn ACL

J-ALL-DAY

Terrible, and now they have to hope the two older CBs they signed stay healthy. 

They can also possibly bring back Ahkello Witherspoon who had a very solid season last year for them.

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

I'll echo some Rams fans thoughts, it's not a big loss. He was our 4th or 5th best corner and really was a liability. 

Never like to see someone hurt and feel for the guy but unless we have some cluster injuries at corner he's easily replaceable. 

1 hour ago, Swift21 said:

It's a loss. It's not they were deep at corner.

Hmmm. Not really. As long as Tre and Williams stay healthy. We run a combo of safety,Lbs in cov to combat the 11 personal… I would have been more worried is someone like Tomlinson would have been hurt. He’s going to have a bigger role this year. 

We really don’t have a set defense like most teams. We have guys like Hoecht in cov for some weird as reason, which McVay said he would do less. 

our main guys are 

John Johnson 

Curl

Tomlinson 

Tre

Williams. 

Were so use to having random people in the secondary too. It’s one of the issues we’ve had. He’s not really a big loss. He allowed like 88-90 rating in cov last year in the slot. 

we also have guys like Rozeboom in cov. 

I think Tomlinson fills the star role  in our defense. Which is really welcomed. He’s been a camp star and players talk about him in high regards. I also believe we’ll bolster a better pass rush this year. As we have more guys to rush the passer and guys who should step up in BY and Kolbie. 

6 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Hmmm. Not really. As long as Tre and Williams stay healthy. We run a combo of safety,Lbs in cov to combat the 11 personal… I would have been more worried is someone like Tomlinson would have been hurt. He’s going to have a bigger role this year. 

We really don’t have a set defense like most teams. We have guys like Hoecht in cov for some weird as reason, which McVay said he would do less. 

our main guys are 

John Johnson 

Curl

Tomlinson 

Tre

Williams. 

Were so use to having random people in the secondary too. It’s one of the issues we’ve had. He’s not really a big loss. He allowed like 88-90 rating in cov last year in the slot. 

we also have guys like Rozeboom in cov. 

I think Tomlinson fills the star role  in our defense. Which is really welcomed. He’s been a camp star and players talk about him in high regards. I also believe we’ll bolster a better pass rush this year. As we have more guys to rush the passer and guys who should step up in BY and Kolbie. 

Even by some chance White stays healthy. It's yet to be seen if he's anywhere close to the same player he once was.

13 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Adam's tweet says he's a projected starter, Rams fans saying he's an end of the roster/possibly 5th best CB on the team?

What a range lol

He was a starter for a chunk of last year, lost his job toward the end. Favorite whipping boy for most Rams fans. I thought he was decent, asked to do things (cover AJ Brown one on one) that few if any CBs in the league can do.

Quentin Lake is a safety but played in the slot quite a bit and had some success....so when you look at our depth chart it could have played out two drastically different ways:

White isn't ready/gets hurt and Lake plays more safety:

Williams

Durant

Kendrick

Tomlinson

White is ready and Lake plays in the slot:

White

Williams

Lake

Durant

Kendrick/Tomlinson

The most likely outcome was:

White isn't ready AND Lake plays in the slot:

Williams

Durant

Lake

Kendrick/Tomlinson

So in two of those scenarios he's at the bottom of the depth chart. Lake playing more of that slot CB/star position is very likely after we drafted Kinchens, signed Curl and re-signed John Johnson

5 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

He was a starter for a chunk of last year, lost his job toward the end. Favorite whipping boy for most Rams fans. I thought he was decent, asked to do things (cover AJ Brown one on one) that few if any CBs in the league can do.

Quentin Lake is a safety but played in the slot quite a bit and had some success....so when you look at our depth chart it could have played out two drastically different ways:

White isn't ready/gets hurt and Lake plays more safety:

Williams

Durant

Kendrick

Tomlinson

White is ready and Lake plays in the slot:

White

Williams

Lake

Durant

Kendrick/Tomlinson

The most likely outcome was:

White isn't ready AND Lake plays in the slot:

Williams

Durant

Lake

Kendrick/Tomlinson

So in two of those scenarios he's at the bottom of the depth chart. Lake playing more of that slot CB/star position is very likely after we drafted Kinchens, signed Curl and re-signed John Johnson

Lake is the guy I confused with Tomlinson. 

Also, have Russ Yeast in the middle playing the Travon Howard role from a years back. 

Russ yeast showed a lot of promise. 

Like I said we run a weird defense where there’s tons of guys out there. You see them and oh wow. It’s no surprised though. 

Rams have been a secondary factory just that they don’t play well outside the system. 

jordan fuller 

Nick Scott 

john Johnson 

Taylor Rapp 

Lamarcus Joyner 

all left to be starters elsewhere and found no success. This will be fullers first year outside the Rams. 

the scouting dep is crazy good at finding talent and coaching them up. 

• Like 1