Jordan Love extended (4 years, $220M, $75M SB, $155M GTD)

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How we feeling Pack?

Needed to be done.  It'll be interesting to see how the deal is structured and if it includes any dummy years.  My guess is it won't.

Spotrac has the Packers at $29.2M in cap space, and OTC has the Packers at $30.4M.  Assuming the Packers didn't touch his 2024 base salary in any way (and nothing suggests they did), the Packers would add an additional $15M in cap hit for the 2024 season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

How does that make him the highest paid QB when Lawrence average is 55 over 5? 

AAV.  But technically, that makes him tied for the highest paid QB.

• Like 1

I'm just glad we can focus back on talking ball. I like the dude, and want him to succeed. He worked his *** off over the years and definitely had some adversity. Congrats to him and his family with that new wealth. 

Now, bring us a chip! 😁

This franchise is as well positioned currently as they've ever been. Two closest comparing moments would be adding White to Fave and Woodson to Rodgers. These recent drafts, the McKinney signing, and bringing in a new defensive scheme are right on par. The time to strike is this season and next

• Like 4

NOTE: This is purely speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was the way the contract was structured.  My guess is they could front load a contract even more if they wanted.  Numbers are rounded for simplicity's sake.

Jordan Love - 4 years, $220M, $75M signing bonus, $155M GTD
2024: $10.5M base salary, $16.8M signing bonus, $0.5M workout bonus = $27.8M cap hit
2025: $31.5M base salary (GTD), $16.8M signing bonus, $0.5M workout bonus = $48.8M cap hit
2026: $34.2M base salary (GTD), $16.8M signing bonus, $0.5M workout bonus = $51.4M cap hit
2027: $37.1M base salary (partially GTD), $16.8M signing bonus, $0.5M workout bonus = $54.3M cap hit
2028: $40.2M base salary, $15M signing bonus, $0.5M workout bonus = $55.7M cap hit

• Like 2