Around the League 2024

dll2000

11 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

Justin is starting today. Thought Wilson was #1.

Hope the best for JF to keep that job.

Wilson’s injured, he’s the starter otherwise I believe. Hope fields plays lights out. But it won’t happen. 

On 9/5/2024 at 4:17 PM, AZBearsFan said:

I think whether Jenkins gets paid this offseason is tied directly to how Braxton Jones performs as much as how he performs himself. If Jones takes a jump to rock solid LT in 2024 with a more predictable QB behind him then I would think extending him would take priority over retaining Jenkins. I don’t think they’ll pay both, and you can far more easily replace a guard than you can a (then) 26-year old rock solid LT. 

I don't know that I believe they can't retain both.  The whole idea of drafting CW was to have another QB in a rookie deal and at least 4 years of cost control and more cap to keep good players.  Jenkins future needs to be dealt with now or before the start of the 2025 league year whereas Jones is signed through 2025 so those deals would be staggered by a year. And then we have Amegadie who could potentially replace either one.  Lots to consider.

Edited by soulman

It's like even if for some reason Caleb busts and we have to draft another QB in a few years, we likely still won't be as bad off as Browns in decision making. 

Panthers are becoming new Browns.