How Are Those Rookies Doing?

Chiefer

On 7/30/2024 at 10:48 AM, minutemancl said:

Malik Nabers is a stud. In the rare occasions that he is covered, he's still open. Every Giants beat reporter, and even guest league wide reporters, have talked about how good he is. 

2nd round S Tyler Nubin has had a calf injury and hasn't participated. 

3rd round rookie corner Dru Philips looks really damn good. Just as sticky and annoying and athletic as advertised. 

Nothing too much to write home about on Theo Johnson, Tyrone Tracy, Darius Muasau. Theo and Tracy have had some flashes.

UDFA G Jake Kubas has been impressive, relative to his UDFA status. He's been getting some first team reps. He is lightning fast working up to the 2nd level. I think he's gonna make the team. 

I feel like Giants fans hype up their third round pick as a steal every year since I've been a fan. Barden, Jernigan, Hosley, Moore, Hyatt.

TBF no one hyped an Getty picks because he was trash.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I feel like Giants fans hype up their third round pick as a steal every year since I've been a fan. Barden, Jernigan, Hosley, Moore, Hyatt.

I loved Travis Beckum so much as a prospect. 

• Like 2

Rakestraw has been pretty incredible. Arnold has been decent. Haven't seen much from any of our other picks.

Apparently the big story around camp is Daurice Fountain. He's probably going to make the roster and might even end up being our #3. He's taking lots of 1st team reps.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 2:32 PM, Forge said:

Dominic Puni mostly running with backups though Spencer Burford broke his hand so Puni will absolutely have a shot at grabbing the starting gig and not giving it back. 

Puni seems to have taken the job

The Vikings capped Saturday's session with a kicking period for rookie kicker Will Reichard.

After knocking one in from the 33-yard distance of an extra point, Reichard followed with accurate blasts through the uprights from 42, 46, 48, 53 and 58 yards. Each kick had room to spare.

https://www.vikings.com/news/quarterbacks-extend-plays-reichard-dials-long-distance

6 for 6 today, 5 for 5 earlier this week. several from 50+ yards.

On 7/30/2024 at 9:13 PM, NJerseypaint said:

From what I can gather from the Jets beat:

• 1 (11): T Olumuyiwa Fashanu: Aaron Rodgers is back making throws
  • 3 (65): WR Malachi Corley: Aaron Rodgers looking good
  • 4 (134): RB Braelon Allen: Hopefully Rodgers plays all season
  • 5 (171): QB Jordan Travis: If Aaron Rodgers stays healthy, we Jets really have a shot at the SB
  • 5 (173): RB Isaiah Davis: Uh, Aaron Rodgers
  • 5 (176): CB Qwan'tez Stiggers: Aaron Rodgers
  • 7 (257): S Jaylen Key: And, more Aaron Rodgers

It's been so quiet I've honestly forgotten who all our rookies were.

^Forget that. All of it.   I've been attending Jets camp.

Fashanu has been getting near 50% of the snaps when you figure in Tyron Smith's "rest" days.  He's looking good and fared well against Jermaine Johnson and WIll McDonald today, in the Green & White matchup.  

Corley has scored a couple of TDs in the past three practices and it looks like the Jets are going to utilize him in Jet Sweeps and some Deeboesque things.  It definitely appears that there are plays designed for him.  

Braelen Allen has become the clear and unequivocal #2.  He's big, strong, fast and it seems, capable in blocking.  He will be the #2 to Breece Hall.  Abikanda will likely not make the final roster. Allen has impressed. 

Travis still recovering from last season injury

Isaiah Davis also looking good in the backfield. Also ahead of Izzy Abikanda.  Davis is a little cannon ball and is also trying out for KO return duty.

potential DROY: Stiggers.  Nah...  but he has looked spectacular.  He's behind some solid CBs already on the team but he's looking like a great talent for where he was drafted.  He has game and will make the team easily.

Key:  on field with the 3rd team

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Rakestraw has been pretty incredible. Arnold has been decent. Haven't seen much from any of our other picks.

Apparently the big story around camp is Daurice Fountain. He's probably going to make the roster and might even end up being our #3. He's taking lots of 1st team reps.

Glad to hear Fountain is doing good, looked real good a couple training camps in KC, wish we would’ve brought him back in last year. 

12 hours ago, dcat said:

^Forget that. All of it.   I've been attending Jets camp.

Fashanu has been getting near 50% of the snaps when you figure in Tyron Smith's "rest" days.  He's looking good and fared well against Jermaine Johnson and WIll McDonald today, in the Green & White matchup.  

Corley has scored a couple of TDs in the past three practices and it looks like the Jets are going to utilize him in Jet Sweeps and some Deeboesque things.  It definitely appears that there are plays designed for him.  

Braelen Allen has become the clear and unequivocal #2.  He's big, strong, fast and it seems, capable in blocking.  He will be the #2 to Breece Hall.  Abikanda will likely not make the final roster. Allen has impressed. 

Travis still recovering from last season injury

Isaiah Davis also looking good in the backfield. Also ahead of Izzy Abikanda.  Davis is a little cannon ball and is also trying out for KO return duty.

potential DROY: Stiggers.  Nah...  but he has looked spectacular.  He's behind some solid CBs already on the team but he's looking like a great talent for where he was drafted.  He has game and will make the team easily.

Key:  on field with the 3rd team

Pretty much what I've been reading. Jets are saying they did not miss on Olu that he is going to be a good starting LT for a long time. And I am more confident in him with him getting the opportunity to learn from one of the all time greats at LT Tyron Smith. 

E_SS1_8648

• Like 2

Sam Darnold should absolutely have the QB1 job on autopilot, while McCarthy ought to be lagging behind his teammate on the depth chart. But that’s just not the case.

Earlier this week, O’Connell told reporters about the quarterback depth chart, “As far as that depth chart in that room, I think it’s clear and obvious — you see it’s pretty darn even between Sam and J.J. And in many cases, J.J. getting a couple more reps with our ability to add some developmental stuff for the guys down the line.”

https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/news/top_news/the-top-4-developments-at-vikings-training-camp

O’Connell: Dallas Turner loves football, so everyday is a new day, he always has a smile on his face. But it’s not a smile that I would recommend taking as giddy or taking things lightly."

"It’s a smile that he has bad intentions to do some things on a daily basis.”

https://purpleptsd.com/2024/vikings/top_news/vikings-young-bad-intentions

• Like 1

On 8/3/2024 at 10:39 AM, redsoxsuck05 said:

Our 3rd round has been cursed for years now. Don't forget Chad Jones, Aaron Robinson, Darian Thompson, Owa Odighizuwa, and Damontre Moore. The only actual good 3rd round pick we've had since Mario Manningham was BJ Hill, and we traded him away for almost nothing. Still, doesn't change the fact that Dru Phillips does look good in camp; he looks better than any of these other guys did in their rookie TCs. It doesn't mean much, but it is encouraging. Maybe that curse is finally broken, either by Phillips or Hyatt (who looks really improved from last year).