Matthew Judon traded to Falcons for 3rd-round pick

Forge

Wow, that’s a way higher pick than I was expecting. I’ll miss Judon, but this split was inevitable. He’s 32 and looking to get paid, Pats aren’t going anywhere anytime soon so made no sense to keep him. Wish him the best tho, he is a class act.

Tough. Dude was such a great presence, team leader, and was incredibly productive. I’m gonna miss this guy.

However, NE obviously isn’t making any noise this year, and Judon’s old. If you couldn’t/wouldn’t extend him, then it makes sense to trade him. A third round pick at this point, at his age, is a solid return. Good get for Atlanta, too.

Second year SRP Keion White, Deatrich Wise, and run stopper Anfernee Jennings are probably going to pick up most of this slack. Josh Uche still in on third downs. Oshane Ximines probably in the mix there too, considering he’s been a “camp star”. 

Man, losing Judon sucks. Wish him well in Atlanta.

Big takeaway was that the Bears were looking to add him.  They are really trying to upgrade the pieces now there, which is very interesting.  I like their aggressiveness since the deal for Montez Sweat.  

Anyway, I am a little surprised that the Patriots made this trade, at this specific time.  Usually, this is a draft day trade.