2024 WEEK 1 | vs Cheeseheads in Brazil

Kiltman

46 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

I don't know where the narrative that Dean won the Mike job over White came from. They hardly gave Dean reps with the ones there, he mostly replaced Baun at the Jack position. Dean did outplay White in preseason (granted, it was against other teams 2's and 3's), but he wasn't getting those reps at practice. Now, there are reports about White being shopped around. Was there an effort to play 3D chess and make people like White and Bradberry more desirable and building their hype by giving them undeserved reps? That idea sounds ridiculous and imprudent to me. Although, it doesn't make sense to give White all the 1st team reps while attempting to trade him and at the same time thinking that Dean is winning the battle for Mike. It makes me question the veracity of the claims in the tweet that sparked this conversation.

I’m with you. There were reports about Dean playing well in camp, but I always thought it was in Baun’s spot. Now it’s for white? So odd. 

35 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Yeah, it's hard to reconcile that report with the reports from beat writers over the course of training camp and preseason. I'm obviously inclined to believe what's been reported by every beat writer over the past months rather than read too much into what's being reported now by others. I don't know where the idea that Dean had clearly won the Mike spot comes from. Like I've said, Dean did come on the past few weeks and looked like the Eagles best LB but Dean's performances didn't result in him receiving the first team reps. From what I recall, Dean was mostly playing for Baun as the Jack LB when he ran with the 1s. I imagine there will be more reporting and we will get a better idea of what exactly is going on with the White situation. Some things are just not adding up to me here 

Have to wonder if part of getting White to sign here was a promise of being able to start and then gets demoted before week 1 and wants a trade, so the Eagles explore it for him. 

Maybe he just got hurt and that’s why he didn’t travel with the team and he could get his job back, but idk…

• Like 1

I think everybody agrees that Dean has looked the best of all the LBs (or at least can agree that that is what was being reported) but then why wouldn't the team do the logical thing and give Dean more first team reps at Mike? I think your theory about promising White the job could be valid although it would be not a wise move to put that into practice. That could explain the sudden trade rumors and why White maintained his position as the 1st team Mike but it seems foolish to make that kind of promise, at least in this case. It's not good practice to keep giving an inferior player more reps over a superior player solely because of misguided off-season promises and because said player would cause problems with the team if he was demoted. When it became clear Dean was the better option, did they keep giving White 1st team reps just to keep him content and in order not devalue a potential trade asset or ... ? 

The beats saying it was "obvious" he was the better LBer so thats why hes suddenly getting the start....id then ask why is Tanner McKee still behind Kenny Pickett when its been "obvious" McKee is far better?  

Sounds more like an agenda that they have been told to push about Nakobe and White

Edited by UndyTaker