2024 WEEK 1 | vs Cheeseheads in Brazil

Kiltman

On 9/9/2024 at 4:34 PM, Broadway Joe said:

What worries me the most about Hurts is that both his interception can't be attributed to rust or change of scheme. There is no excuse and maybe even hope for a 5th year QB do be doing such stupid throws.

That is not rust, those are fundamentally wrong decisions by him, back to back turn over worthy plays even when he got lucky the last one. That's a very convenient stand to take.

You learned nothing from last year? When every win was masking a bigger issue that ended up collapsing the whole team?

Why can't we enjoy it? He's the one making stupid and costly mistakes. How is that on us that we should be enjoy that?

Everyone has their own beliefs. The 1 AJ was open and slipped. The other was timing but I get it. A lot of you guys want more. I want Wins. Winners win and that's all I truly care about

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Everyone has their own beliefs. The 1 AJ was open and slipped. The other was timing but I get it. A lot of you guys want more. I want Wins. Winners win and that's all I truly care about

That throw to AJ in the endzone should have happened way sooner and it took Jalen forever to throw it. He waited too long and lofted it and didnt put enough on it. Was not only a terrible decision (because how long he waited) but also a poor throw (not enough on it and didnt get there quick enough). It was probably his 2nd worst throw of the night.

14 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

That is 100% on Lane. Don't know why they didn't charted to him. Maybe those stats aren't official, as there's no link for them. 

Definitely on Lane, see if I can find the link. Obviously wrong. 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

If this team stinks then we're truly unlucky and cursed. The amount of talent is insane. It's gonna be hard for them to faceplant. Would almost have to be intentional imo

I mean offensively this team is going to go how Jalen goes. This offense has unlimited potential as long as everyone stays healthy but its capped (as all offenses are) at the QB. If he can just not turn the ball over we'll be great on offense. Defense is a big wait and see lol, but it clearly has a higher ceiling than last year.

25 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I mean offensively this team is going to go how Jalen goes. This offense has unlimited potential as long as everyone stays healthy but its capped (as all offenses are) at the QB. If he can just not turn the ball over we'll be great on offense

I honestly believe Hurts is suffering from Superman Complex. His first 2 seasons as the full time starter 21-22' we saw a QB that rarely ever turned the ball over, his stats proved that. So it's absolutely possible 2023 is the anomaly.

However 2022 also showed the world I can make water into wine. Extend plays, make something out of nothing because I've also shown that ability as well. 

In otherwords,  Same problem Josh Allen has, Lamar Jackson has, and frankly Pat Mahomes had most of last season. 

Like the QB's above (Pat will) , Jalen doesn't want to check it down for a 3-5 yd gain even though at times that's the smart play. Hopefully he can be convinced through success/KM, living for another play will eventually lead to that splash chunk play we all (Hurts as well) fell in love with in 2022. 

It doesn't always have to be, I'm gonna make something happen becuase I can, ala Brett Farve! 

I'll reserve judgment until I see this occurring at an alarming rate on a weekly basis moving forward. If 1/2 way through the season he's among league leaders in TO's, I will be concerned. 

I honestly believe a lot of what occured last season during the collapse was scheme/coaching and that unnamed injury he supposedly never had? The way he played QB completely changed the rest of the season, after that Jets game. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

That is 100% on Lane. Don't know why they didn't charted to him. Maybe those stats aren't official, as there's no link for them. 

Based on feedback in the GB forum, PFF put that sack on Hurts, which seems... odd.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Based on feedback in the GB forum, PFF put that sack on Hurts, which seems... odd.

it's probably just an anomaly as the entire offensive line thought that play was going to be blown dead because one of the GB DTs looked like he went offside that snap.

24 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

PFF sucks really bad now. Wouldn't put stock into them at all at this point.

I only use them really when I'm looking into O-Line or players I'm really not familiar with.

I swear it's a completely subjective score the players are given.

4 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

If the 1 you mean the second, he was open for a fraction, he was still slow and a bad decision. 

Let’s see if you’re consistent and when we lose to a good team, you have the same standard and a loss it’s a loss and losers lose. 

Last year you didn’t want to listen to reason when the concerns were there on those close victories. I would have thought you’d learn something from that and be more observant in the future. 

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

It was PFF, which was the only reason I took it seriously.  🤷‍♂️

100% Lane. Hurts deserves more then 2 seconds before getting blame!

28 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Last year you didn’t want to listen to reason when the concerns were there on those close victories. I would have thought you’d learn something from that and be more observant in the future. 

Last year Jalen Hurts was not, and clearly was not healthy. Acting as though that's the norm

"I would have thought you’d learn something from that and be more observant in the future."

1 gm into 2024 after an entire summer NOT turning the ball over at an alarming rate, doesn't mean the same will occur. Practice what you preach!

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 hours ago, UndyTaker said:

Well he didnt turn the ball over vs the Lions. 2020 was this, 2021 was that, 2023 was yadayadayada. 2022 was something we havnt seen from Jalen since....2022. If that game vs the Packers didnt remind you of 2023 then you're sitting in a world of wants and wishes. May not see black/white or heads/tails but dont stray towards the loony and the toony

He didn't throw a TD against the Lions, either BTW.

If you want to reject my year over year analysis, that's fine.
But, simply contradicting it adds nothing to the conversation.

The fact remains that the Eagles have their third OC in three years.
The 2022 OC is now a head coach.
The 2023 OC is now an assistant coach.
The 2024 OC is bucking to be another head coach.
You act as if none of that matters.
It does.

Look I'm not saying that Dean lit the world on fire against GB, but I'm more willing to say he didn't play to the level of a 29 PFF grade lol. I usually take PFF grades with a grain of salt, but overall I take something away from them. This year feels like something changed in their grading system. I could've gotten behind like a 45 grade. But a 29? What's up with that?