Who wins this game?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Green Bay - Cheeseheads Unite!
    • Philadelphia - the "home" team defends their turf
    • The fans - more football!
    • I just want them to have fun

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Remember the time the Giants had exactly 1 good player and instead of just resigning him, let the Eagles have him for free? Good times. 

That whole debacle made for a poor time to be on Hard Knocks if you're the Giants GM. 

• Like 1

Field was bad.

Officiating was bad.

Hurts was bad. He is weak point on a stacked team.

Barkley was good.

Alexander was mostly bad.  

Kick off rule with a touch back of 30 when it is easy to return it to 30 is just an embarrassing decision by league.   Any coach who risks a kick to 5 as rule stands deserves to be fired for being stupid.   

Really sucks that Love got hurt in very first game after his contract on a bad field in a far away land.   I want GB to do bad, but I don’t want it to be due to injury.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

That whole debacle made for a poor time to be on Hard Knocks if you're the Giants GM. 

Any time you can let Saquon Barkley go to make sure you have the cash to pay Devin Singletary and Drew Lock, you gotta do it 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Owner of Giants is stewing right now about Barkley.  

Joe Schoen seat is very warm.

No GM is ever going to voluntarily do GM offseason hard knocks again.  

Would love to see Brad Holmes on it personally. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Field was bad.

Officiating was bad.

Hurts was bad. He is weak point on a stacked team.

Barkley was good.

Alexander was mostly bad.  

Kick off rule with a touch back of 30 when it is easy to return it to 30 is just an embarrassing decision by league.   Any coach who risks a kick to 5 as rule stands deserves to be fired for being stupid.   

Really sucks that Love got hurt in very first game after his contract on a bad field in a far away land.   I want GB to do bad, but I don’t want it to be due to injury.

Love was just as bad as hurts if not worse lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Was he?  The turnovers killed Hurts.  2 INTs and and 2 fumbles included one lost.  And it wasn't like he was gashing Green Bay with his legs.  Love wasn't great, but Love was certainly better.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Was he?  The turnovers killed Hurts.  2 INTs and and 2 fumbles included one lost.  And it wasn't like he was gashing Green Bay with his legs.  Love wasn't great, but Love was certainly better.

I really disagree. Love almost had a pick 6 if it wasn't just blatantly dropped by nakone dean. And loves accuracy was pretty poor as well. 

Neither quarterback was good, both had splash plays. 

The interceptions by Jalen undoubtedly were an issue, the fumbles of im being honest were are more on Jurgens.

Love was missing more throws, the two picks Jalen had were entirely ugly and I won't defend those, but he seemed more in tune with his offense after the first couple drives than Love.

• Like 1

Man, both QBs looked really mercurial last night--especially for two guys who had something to prove coming into the year. I imagine the field being slippery, being in a foreign country, and this being week 1 had something to do with the up-and-down play.

• Like 2

Just now, Danger said:

I really disagree. Love almost had a pick 6 if it wasn't just blatantly dropped by nakone dean. And loves accuracy was pretty poor as well. 

The interceptions by Jalen undoubtedly were an issue, the fumbles of im being honest were are more on Jurgens.

Love was missing more throws, the two picks Jalen had were entirely ugly and I won't defend those, but he seemed more in tune with his offense after the first couple drives than Love.

IIRC, there was like 2 or 3 more passes that the Packers' defenders should have had.  I believe Nixon and Jaire both had their hands on the ball but dropped it.  LIS, both were bad last night.  Jordan Love had 1 turnover, Hurts had 4 although only 3 resulted in the other team getting the ball.

It looked like what it was:  the season's first game for both teams and the referees, played on a field unsuitable for the world's largest power runners and linemen.

Essentially, it was history's first professional beach football game.

Edited by Dr A W Niloc
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

Love was not great, but he wasn’t nearly as bad as Hurts.  Love made a number of positive plays.   

Trust me I want Love to be bad and I could care less about Hurts.  Just being objective. 

Just now, dll2000 said:

Love was not great, but he wasn’t nearly as bad as Hurts.  Love made a number of positive plays.   

Trust me I want Love to be bad and I could care less about Hurts.  Just being objective. 

Love also was playing on a team with less talent than Eagles. 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Love was more inaccurate on the whole and may have missed more throws, but I think Hurts was worse. He didn’t look elusive or overly fast running the ball, he was making bad reads, and it looked like a lot of the flashes were floating. But yeah, both definitely looked off.

It’s weird we’re talking about two QBs who played poorly in a game that went over 60 points combined lol.