Week 1 GDT: Tennessee Titans @ Chicago Bears

Mesa_Titan

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I also just think that if this is the offense we want to run, it’s not a fit for Levis anyways. Everything quick and around the LOS takes away most of the positives he showed last year.

really weird especially after the saints game where we saw a lot of screen work + PA shots. i knew there was going to be more quick game, and there should be, but this much?

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Defense gave up what 6 points on FGs? I dunno. 

But no TD. 

2 big special team plays. 10 points. 

Levis INT-8 points 

Sacked from behind fumble -3 points 

Something else. I forget. 3 points. 

Can't have that and win. 

Bears longest drive of the game was 44 yards and ended in a field goal. The other FG drives all started with them in FG range. Defense completely dominated them.

1 minute ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Welp it's just Tennessee fellas. Doesn't matter who the coach is, what the philosophy is. Same ole Titans. Defense plays good enough, offense kills themselves, special teams horrible. Can't escape this curse 

it's really hilarious how aside from visual identity on offense and defense- the formations, motion, blitzing etc- this played out literally exactly like a vrabel game.

• Like 2

Just now, 615finest said:

Im Normally mad after a loss like that but I feel no type of way today. Titans have broke me 😂😂

I'm personally not broken. I've stepped away from the emotions over the past few years. Lol 

We live in Titania bubble here. But it's the NFL and other teams lost and some in more deflating fashion. 

Game 1. On the road. New everything. 

Not gonna overreact. Bears defense was a good one. But we as a team didn't do ourselves favors to seal the win. 

• Like 1

Callahan called a scared game. Scared of what the Bears pass rush could/would do against our o-line. Levis is already hurt. If the o-line doesn't gel and improve together, the play calling won't get better, and it's almost hard to blame them given that. Callahan watched Burrow get killed in Cinci, and is already seeing a repeat of that in Levis.

Regardless of how god or bad Levis is(and he was bad today), we're not going to improve offensively until the line gets better.

I need to rewatch to get a better sense of where the offense failed. 

But we were so unpredictable in the 1st half and we went to predictable formations and 1st down runs that just didn't put any pressure on their defense. 

Levis was horrible...Latham and NPF also struggled quite a bit

Levis is the main reason we lost the game

I'm unsure how to even evaluate what our offense is, though (or intends to be, knowing it's week 1).

If the Art Smith offense is the best we've seen in the last 10+ years (which it is), this felt way closer to Downing than Smith. Way closer.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm personally not broken. I've stepped away from the emotions over the past few years. Lol 

We live in Titania bubble here. But it's the NFL and other teams lost and some in more deflating fashion. 

Game 1. On the road. New everything. 

Not gonna overreact. Bears defense was a good one. But we as a team didn't do ourselves favors to seal the win. 

Doing everything in my body to not overreact. But damn, I didn’t think he would look like he did. Is the bears defense that good? What, that was Wills 9th game, with a new staff and weapons at that. What I hate about Wills performance tho, all the things he/we talked about not doing (stupid throws/ not sliding), he just ran back and started doing again. Our defense made it happen. That loss is on special teams, the o line, and Will. Man. That sucked!

Just now, KingTitan said:

A little point I want to make. 

Jackson runs the ball as a QB - great plays.

Levis runs the ball as a QB- stupid plays

I guess it's the hits but little off balance analysis there. 

yeah man the hits and the fact that jackson is one of the most dynamic and productive rushing QBs in the history of the nfl lol. what are we even talking about

• Like 3