The Week 1 Gameday Thread: Commanders @ Bucs - 4:30 PM on Fox, Sunday (GIF Theme Hook)

MikeT14

GIF theme  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's the gif theme this week?

• Black Sails
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • One Piece
    • Pirates of Dark Water
    • Hook
    • Captain Phillips

11 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

I'm going sunday. I'm just excited to see JD. Not expecting a win,but hopefully they can keep it competitive.  We are going to find out about out kicker.

Speaking off - The suit against McManus was dismissed because the plantiffs wouldn't use their real names. It can be refiled however. Pretty sure we won't bring him back. Maybe someone will take a chance.

• Like 1

Our Offense will be a combination of Baltimore, San Francisco & Arizona fused together.

We will be attacking Defenses, with so much misdirection & hurry up. That defenses will be on their heels the whole game.

Everytime Bowles or any other coach blitzes, they will get burned by a big play. So they'll have to back off.

When they do that? Their delay time of stopping us on Defense, will increase.

They'll be reacting, instead of being proactive.

Guys will be running open, holes will open up for Brian Robinson or Ekeler & Jayden will just be slicin' & dicin' all the way down the field.

It's gonna be fun to watch. Teams will look like our Defense in 23'.

Except, they'll be against good defenses.

Gonna be fun to watch! Can't wait.

Edited by aceinthehouse

Anyways, I've got 31-17 Skinanders.

Jayden Daniels - 275 yards passing, 2 TD's & 0 int's & 65 yards Rushing.

Brian Robinson - 15 Rushes for 90 yards & 1 TD

Ekeler - 5 Rushes for 35 yards

Terry McLaurin - 7 catches for 90 yards

Zack Ertz - 9 catches for 65 yards & 1 TD

York - 1/1  FG

Defense causes 2 Turnovers

Edited by aceinthehouse

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Baker is going to torch this defense. I still have no clue what they were thinking going into this season starting BSJ again? I just hope JD, BROb and the offense plays well and we show progress. 

New coaching staff probably thinks they can get something out of BSJ & Forbes that the old coaching staff couldn’t. I seriously doubt they can but, it remains to be seen. We will find out soon enough.

6 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Anyways, I've got 31-17 Skinanders.

Jayden Daniels - 275 yards passing, 2 TD's & 0 int's & 65 yards Rushing.

Brian Robinson - 15 Rushes for 90 yards & 1 TD

Ekeler - 5 Rushes for 35 yards

Terry McLaurin - 7 catches for 90 yards

Zack Ertz - 9 catches for 65 yards & 1 TD

York - 1/1  FG

Defense causes 2 Turnovers

I think BRob is going to be a crazy

I think everyone has pinpointed the worst matchup for us -- their receivers against our CBs seems like a pretty outrageous mismatch. 

Wirfs will shut down whomever we bring from the blind side, but their interior OL is pretty young and unproven. Can we get Baker heated up with a little inside rush and force a couple turnovers? Short QBs have more trouble with pressure in their face, and he has a tendency to bail. Probably will be some big plays for the taking on both sides when he does that, given their talent advantage on the outside (but also his occasional recklessness).

I liked Yaya Diaby coming out of Louisville, and I think it's a great situation for him as a compact pass-rushing bullet. But both he and Joe Tryon are listed as questionable, so I have some hope that our likely weakness at OT won't be exposed too badly off the edge. You'd hope a veteran center will help manage some of the more exotic blitzes they like to employ with guys like Winfield and David.

Can we get the outside run game going against them? I think we'll likely struggle inside with Vea fresh and ready to eat. But heavy doses of the zone game might be a little more effective, putting more pressure on the "mostly DE" types they'll have playing OLB. Hate to say it, but I think Jayden is going to have to run the ball a fair amount to open things up.

At the bottom of it, they're the better team at most positions. But we have a new QB, a new OC, a new defensive scheme, and a ton of new players. Which means that in the early going, we'll have the benefit of our new dynamic QB, our new aggressive defense...

1c0dcf5b-cb83-4152-bcf9-55b57fd66347_tex

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think everyone has pinpointed the worst matchup for us -- their receivers against our CBs seems like a pretty outrageous mismatch. 

This is going to be a problem every game :)

50 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Wirfs will shut down whomever we bring from the blind side, but their interior OL is pretty young and unproven. Can we get Baker heated up with a little inside rush and force a couple turnovers?

Good point.  It is time we see Allen and Payne back at their best.  There is no need to wait until midseason.  They are healthy and should show us their mettle immediately.  Really, this is the counterpoint to the CB issue.  The defense will thrive or fail based upon their play.  If they are elite again, then it might even cover up the CBs.