Packers QB Jordan Love suffers knee injury

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Yeah quite a few "doctor explains" videos are saying high ankle sprain with a potential full tear of the MCL. Unlikely that it's an ACL or fracture. 2-8 weeks without surgery. Take that with a full grain of salt since it happened a few hours ago and nobody close to the scene has said anything.

If it is a torn MCL, is it even smart to not get surgery on that? 

7 minutes ago, Soko said:

If it is a torn MCL, is it even smart to not get surgery on that? 

Depends on severity grade and location.

Grade 1 and 2 are rarely treated with surgery.  Grade 3 is more likely to be treated with surgery.  But...Tears more on the femoral side heal "better" vs tears on the tibial side..... so there is some decision making based on several factors.

MCL has a sufficient blood supply to heal while ACL does not.  Difference being ACL is intra-articular while MCL is extra-articular. 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Depends on severity grade and location.

Grade 1 and 2 are rarely treated with surgery.  Grade 3 is more likely to be treated with surgery.  But...Tears more on the femoral side heal "better" vs tears on the tibial side..... so there is some decision making based on several factors.

MCL has a sufficient blood supply to heal while ACL does not.  Difference being ACL is intra-articular while MCL is extra-articular. 

A grade 1 or grade 2 is something that Love could come back from this year? 

I get flashbacks to RG3 playing through I believe an LCL injury, then it just giving out during that playoff game vs Seattle. Love’s young and just got paid, GB has to be cautious with him.

Suppose time will tell. 

7 minutes ago, Soko said:

A grade 1 or grade 2 is something that Love could come back from this year? 

I get flashbacks to RG3 playing through I believe an LCL injury, then it just giving out during that playoff game vs Seattle. Love’s young and just got paid, GB has to be cautious with him.

Suppose time will tell. 

Yeah. Grade 1 or 2 is something Love could return to play this year.  Grade 3 gets a lot more dicey. 

As with all these injuries, once there is more info, then the decisions start to happen.   Until then  we are all just speculating on things.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Keeping with the Packers international game tradition, we played a completely sloppy game, where we somehow kept it close, then our QB gets injured in the final moments of the game and we lose.  

Screw these international games!

somehow kept it close they won the turn over battle by 2, they had two turnovers forced in Philly territory and only came away with 6 points, they should of won that game lol.

16 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

somehow kept it close they won the turn over battle by 2, they had two turnovers forced in Philly territory and only came away with 6 points, they should of won that game lol.

I know right. It's almost like playing Defense in a Eagles uniform is a completely new concept for people after last season?

Go figure, like 31 other NFL teams they too might get crucial stops at times, limiting points? Wouldn't that be different! 🍿🍿🍿🍿

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

They should’ve lost by double digits tbh. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

If Love is out for a while, are the Packers seriously going to go with Malik Willis as their starter for an extended period of time? Or will they look for a veteran?

I mean, they'd need to bring someone else in.  I'd venture a guess that Malik Willis gets the nod.  Other than Ryan Tannehill, I'm not sure there's a QB on the market that is starting material.  They could reach out to Cleveland about Jameis Winston, but more likely they sign someone like Blaine Gabbert or AJ McCarron to be the backup.

6 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

If Love is out for a while, are the Packers seriously going to go with Malik Willis as their starter for an extended period of time? Or will they look for a veteran?

I think it would depend on how many weeks is the " extended period of time", how Willis/ team does, what option options are available, what that cost might be.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, they'd need to bring someone else in.  I'd venture a guess that Malik Willis gets the nod.  Other than Ryan Tannehill, I'm not sure there's a QB on the market that is starting material.  They could reach out to Cleveland about Jameis Winston, but more likely they sign someone like Blaine Gabbert or AJ McCarron to be the backup.

Tyler Huntley is just on the practice squad I believe. If they are looking for a pro bowl QB.