Cold Winter Nights Mafia CIVS WIN

Dome

2 minutes ago, MathMan said:

I loved it.

Made me crazy though because after i visited et80, it said i couldnt investigate et80 because the old man brought him into the woods.

In n2, bcb, the old man, was killed because he helped a werewolf into the woods.

So i thought et80 might be werewolf.

I wanted to pepper you with questions, but i didnt, and just read and reread the nightly results 

This game made me change the way i want to host by doing the story mode thing

Personally I liked this game better then the first one I played.  

The hunter was my favorite role, followed by The Grey... The way they ended with the hunter killing a Wolf and the alien killing the hunter was awesome from my perspective. It wrote itself.

i like writing. I might take this (and future) game and flesh them out into full fledged stories.

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

The hunter was my favorite role, followed by The Grey... The way they ended with the hunter killing a Wolf and the alien killing the hunter was awesome from my perspective. It wrote itself.

i like writing. I might take this (and future) game and flesh them out into full fledged stories.

And you are an excellent writer too!

And thanks again for hosting.

It was a rousing success!

56 minutes ago, Raves said:

My read on him came mostly because he brought up good points and disappeared then when he brought up as me being possibly scum with teammates telling me his playstyle and leaving it alone when I didn't comment set me off.  Just seemed scummy.  But he brought back some good reasoning with ET and I followed him on that BW.  @Famous Jameis so why did you kill him?  Still doesnt' make sense.

Well this was my second game and it may have been a mistake,  but he seemed to be narrowing in on me and I just wanted to eliminate anyone that may bring the heat on me the next night.

2 minutes ago, Famous Jameis said:

Well this was my second game and it may have been a mistake,  but he seemed to be narrowing in on me and I just wanted to eliminate anyone that may bring the heat on me the next night.

For future reference, not killing the person taht brings heat on you allows you the easy scapegoat of "Obviously I'm being framed by the mafia as "x" is tunneling on me" which is another reason I tunneled hard onto @MathMan was because he brought that up with including my Twin in @kingseanjohn

1 minute ago, Raves said:

For future reference, not killing the person taht brings heat on you allows you the easy scapegoat of "Obviously I'm being framed by the mafia as "x" is tunneling on me" which is another reason I tunneled hard onto @MathMan was because he brought that up with including my Twin in @kingseanjohn

I'll follow the advice next game.  Personally the first game I got lynched n2 so this was really my first real game.  Once @MD4L got hit I was just winging it.

12 minutes ago, MathMan said:

And you are an excellent writer too!

Appreciate that! My mafia background is hosting literally dozens, if not a hundred plus mafia games at parties and get together. My friends and I all loved playing it in HS and everyone just liked me hosting so I always did. Its why I'm really not a good player yet lol. 

I'm to lazy to play well. I rely on others peoples reads (though I have had one or two games that I had guys figured out early).. Hosting really helps see how to play better and what claims/lies go over well and what gets glossed over. I learn a lot more when I'm hosting than when I'm playing. 

I didn't get that in IRL mafia, the learning curve was a lot bigger than I expected, because I made a lot of assumptions about how well it would translate. 

45 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

The most annoying part was that I was certain you were town.  So I couldn't fight back as much because I was worried they would lynch you.

And I was legitimately busy.

That was actually what made me dig in more. At first it was just my normal of picking out someone that I’m on the fence with and pushing them, but I didn’t like our responses at all.

6 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

That was actually what made me dig in more. At first it was just my normal of picking out someone that I’m on the fence with and pushing them, but I didn’t like our responses at all.

And this is why people shouldnt be afraid to stick their neck out though.

You miss a read, no big deal. Go out and nail the next two.

Good job, touch, on staying alive and running train on the final 2 scum

(Props to raves, ksj, and whicker as well)

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

And this is why people shouldnt be afraid to stick their neck out though.

You miss a read, no big deal. Go out and nail the next two.

Good job, touch, on staying alive and running train on the final 2 scum

(Props to raves, ksj, and whicker as well)

I’m just glad ET screwed up LMAO I thought for sure I was gonna be a goner because of a bad read. Far too often people are lynched because of bad reads. 

Archived