Rapoport: Ted Phillips Compiling List of Head Coaches

G08

Just now, RunningVaccs said:

Does that site actually know anything? Always seems to have hot scoops that are never verified or disproved. 

Incidentally, does anyone else hate the fill in guys for Spiegel and Parkins this week? Full of sarcasm and snark but without any info. Didn't realize how much I liked the afternoon show until I heard the temps.

I think they throw a bunch of crap at the wall and see if anything sticks.

47 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Does that site actually know anything? Always seems to have hot scoops that are never verified or disproved. 

Hard to say....

They put out TONS of filler content under the guise of breaking news from unnamed sources...that basically amounts to clickbait.

But they also have been on top of every legitimate news story as well, and do a great job of catching tweets and whatnot that you might miss elsewhere.

Listening to David Haugh (vomit) and Brian Hanley on 670 the Score this morning was pretty laughable. They sounded like complete idiots when talking to Ian Rapoport; I'm convinced they are told before they go on air to be as negative as possible.

They spent their time trying to tell Ian how awful Pace and the Bears are, and then Rapoport went on to tell them that, based on the coaching candidates he has spoken to, the Bears are a top 3 destination. Why? Because of the QB (whom many QB-experienced coaches said, at worst, could be an Andy Dalton). What cracked me up after that line was one of them sarcastically said "oh geez... I hope he gets the $90 million contract too!" to which Rapoport replied, actually that's a contract that was cheaper than what Mike Glennon was paid.

Long story short, this is yet another talking head that is telling us that the Bears job is coveted because, well, it's the Bears (just like the Giants gig is attractive, amidst all their ****, because they're the NY freaking Giants) and they view the QB favorably. Not one coaching candidate with a QB-coaching background had anything negative to say about Trubisky.

Bwahaaha, I heard that too and was just waiting for them to phrase a question like "how hard would you fire Pace,  really or very?"   

It's not a very good show, mostly due to the negativity and lack of thoughtfulness.  I like Bernstein and Goff a lot, as they usually has a pretty nuanced take on things.  I have no interest in NBA, MLB etc but still am interested to hear B's take on issues there as if nothing else I like a well plotted discussion. 

I missed the end of that portion of the show, so thanks for summing up. 

3 hours ago, G08 said:

Listening to David Haugh (vomit) and Brian Hanley on 670 the Score this morning was pretty laughable. They sounded like complete idiots when talking to Ian Rapoport; I'm convinced they are told before they go on air to be as negative as possible.

They spent their time trying to tell Ian how awful Pace and the Bears are, and then Rapoport went on to tell them that, based on the coaching candidates he has spoken to, the Bears are a top 3 destination. Why? Because of the QB (whom many QB-experienced coaches said, at worst, could be an Andy Dalton). What cracked me up after that line was one of them sarcastically said "oh geez... I hope he gets the $90 million contract too!" to which Rapoport replied, actually that's a contract that was cheaper than what Mike Glennon was paid.

Long story short, this is yet another talking head that is telling us that the Bears job is coveted because, well, it's the Bears (just like the Giants gig is attractive, amidst all their ****, because they're the NY freaking Giants) and they view the QB favorably. Not one coaching candidate with a QB-coaching background had anything negative to say about Trubisky.

The replacement score guys this week have been awful.  A lot of talk about Jimmy G and the bears could have had him for what they gave up for trubisky (probably not true as the patriots really werent willing to part with Jimmy in the offseason not knowing what was going to happen with tb and the price drastically changed at the trade deadline when it became obvious they couldnt keep him beyond the season) whats really funny is last week parkins talked about how jimmy is ahead of MT and that he should be as a 5th year pro with starting experience.  Doesnt mean hes going to be better in the end.  As far as the coaches liking MT thats a duh.  Im sure they see the same thing i see which is a rookie qb who is way ahead of the curve from what you expect a guy with 13 starts in college to look like

25 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The replacement score guys this week have been awful.  A lot of talk about Jimmy G and the bears could have had him for what they gave up for trubisky (probably not true as the patriots really werent willing to part with Jimmy in the offseason not knowing what was going to happen with tb and the price drastically changed at the trade deadline when it became obvious they couldnt keep him beyond the season) whats really funny is last week parkins talked about how jimmy is ahead of MT and that he should be as a 5th year pro with starting experience.  Doesnt mean hes going to be better in the end.  As far as the coaches liking MT thats a duh.  Im sure they see the same thing i see which is a rookie qb who is way ahead of the curve from what you expect a guy with 13 starts in college to look like

Do people really think none of the 30 other teams called the Patriots for Garrapolo and would have given up a 2nd round pick for him? His price obviously wasn’t a 2 on draft weekend.

I honestly feel like Pace contacted the Pats, gave them his best offer.  Once it was refused he went to his plan B, which was Glennon and drafting a QB.  If you remember the starting price for Jimmy G was a first round pick.  Handley was the one saying you can't give a first round choice away for a backup quarterback.  He's a hack.  I think Pace gave them his best offer and moved on.  He can't blame a guy for that.

1 hour ago, IronMike84 said:

Do people really think none of the 30 other teams called the Patriots for Garrapolo and would have given up a 2nd round pick for him? His price obviously wasn’t a 2 on draft weekend.

Yes, people are sheep, stupid stupid sheep. lol

44 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Speigel, Parkins and Bernstien when not talking to idiot callers.

The rest of the Score is unlistenable,

idk why they don't screen their callers better.  I swear there are morons on there calling for the bears to trade Trubisky and draft another QB in the first round

Archived