WK2 GDT: PIT @ DEN

Broncofan

42 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I mean seriously, what are we doing here? I've never played a single snap of this sport, I'm watching the game on my phone for most of it and on one watch of the game i noticed this detail. 

So what the hell do you think multi million pound organisations who hire dozens of people to go through hours and hours of tape are going to do?

It's so embarrassing. 

And the other part - not only are we not running play-action, we don't run enough pre-snap motion.

Pre-snap motion helps the QB ID if it's zone vs. man.  If there's EVER something you want to help your rookie QB with, it's this.

Of course, it would help if you could get to the LOS with 20+ secs left.....instead of 10+ secs.    Payton ranked bottom 10 in this last year.    Not getting the plays in early enough is preventing us from using this key aid.   The best OC's have figured this out....god I hope Payton is adaptible enough to realize this would help Nix (or any other QB) a ton.

NGL, if we didn't get Payton, I was all over Klint Kubiak as OC (and in our 2022 OC search, I mentioned him as the #1 guy).    It's rough watching Kubiak kill it in NO this year - highest play-action, highest pre-snap motion.   It makes life so much easier for Carr. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

And the other part - not only are we not running play-action, we don't run enough pre-snap motion.

Pre-snap motion helps the QB ID if it's zone vs. man.  If there's EVER something you want to help your rookie QB with, it's this.

Of course, it would help if you could get to the LOS with 20+ secs left.....instead of 10+ secs.    Payton ranked bottom 10 in this last year.    Not getting the plays in early enough is preventing us from using this key aid.   The best OC's have figured this out....god I hope Payton is adaptible enough to realize this would help Nix (or any other QB) a ton.

NGL, if we didn't get Payton, I was all over Klint Kubiak as OC (and in our 2022 OC search, I mentioned him as the #1 guy).    It's rough watching Kubiak kill it in NO this year - highest play-action, highest pre-snap motion.   It makes life so much easier for Carr. 

Klimt is going to be a great HC one day, in what you, but Sean is going to hire a neo-WCO OC when he wants to his offense. If we had hired DeMeco, the like Walmarts wanted to, we have hired Klint as the OC. But if it’s and buts am we’re candy and nuts

I did read or hear last week that we use the least or close to the least pre-snap motion the legume. If even I know that’s not helpful to a rookie QB then I don’t know how Sean cannot unless it’s just blind arrogance and belief in “his system” which is reminds me of how Mac operates. 

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Klimt is going to be a great HC one day, in what you, but Sean is going to hire a neo-WCO OC when he wants to his offense. If we had hired DeMeco, the like Walmarts wanted to, we have hired Klint as the OC. But if it’s and buts am we’re candy and nuts

I did read or hear last week that we use the least or close to the least pre-snap motion the legume. If even I know that’s not helpful to a rookie QB then I don’t know how Sean cannot unless it’s just blind arrogance and belief in “his system” which is reminds me of how Mac operates. 

I knew Payton & Kubiak were never going to fit - it was more in 2022 (no Payton) where I really wanted Kubiak as the OC, no matter who the HC was.   Now Kubiak's star, provided NO keeps succeeding, will be as a HC.   Oh well.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I knew Payton & Kubiak were never going to fit - it was more in 2022 (no Payton) where I really wanted Kubiak as the OC, no matter who the HC was.   Now Kubiak's star, provided NO keeps succeeding, will be as a HC.   Oh well.

The errors this franchise has made with HC hires post Mike are extraordinary. 

McDaniels - disaster

Fox - right hire at the time

Kubiak - great hire 

Vance - disaster, especially considering we could have landed Kyle

Fangio - disaster 

Hackett - disaster 

Payton - our 3rd choice after Harbaugh (2-0) and Ryans (12-8, took a team with a rookie QB to the playoffs in his rookie season) - I guess TBD but absent a historic showing by the defense mid last season he’d be something like 3-16, 4-15 as our HC.  

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I dont have all 22 so correct me if I’m wrong but is Sutton mailing it in ala Randy moss when he’s not the first read? On that interception in particular it looked like he was jogging across the back. So I started watching him every play and he just looked….meh. 

He has become such an unremarkable player. No separation, no yards after catch, bad effort. A chore to watch. And he looked like he was on the verge of becoming pretty special before the ACL. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Nathaniel Payton lmfao

He’s not that bad. 

I never thought I would see the day where Sean Payton looked inept. 

it really speaks that the NFL is coming more and more a league where young, creative coaches thrive and older guys, who can’t adapt, go by the wayside. Forget what age is on his driver’s license, there isn’t a player in the Steelers locker room who doesn’t both love and respect Mike Tomlin. Same with Andy and the and Harbaughs.

But look at guys like McVay, Kyle, MacDonald, Allen, Ryans, KOC, Campbell, McDaniel, Taylor, Gannon, and Steichen. the young, or at least middle aged, HC is the way to go.

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

He has become such an unremarkable player. No separation, no yards after catch, bad effort. A chore to watch. And he looked like he was on the verge of becoming pretty special before the ACL. 

He’s collecting his paycheck. Getting what he can while he can before he goes into coaching. He’ll retire in 3 years.

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

2 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I dont have all 22 so correct me if I’m wrong but is Sutton mailing it in ala Randy moss when he’s not the first read? On that interception in particular it looked like he was jogging across the back. So I started watching him every play and he just looked….meh. 

Both he and Dulcich stood out in a rather dubious way on the stat line. Dulcich was targeted 8 times with only 3 grabs and Sutton was only 1 of 4.

3 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Not your imagination. I commented last week about how little juice our big possession receivers were coming out of their breaks with. Don’t get me wrong, Sutton could catch as many passes over the top of me as he wanted to; he’s got an 11 foot catch radius. But the way he’s been lazily running his routes this season, the young and fast version of me could have stuck with him. And I think that’s really annoying because I should never be able to say that. 

• Like 2

I think with Sutton, the same with Javonte, is their injuries zapped them of all of their athleticism. If Sutton was mailing it in, you would see at least 1-2 plays where he puts in effort and looks explosive enough. Issue is that every route he runs looks slow and lacks suddenness in cuts. That to me says he just doesn't have it, not that he hes a poor attitude. The fact he has been voted a captain 4 years in a row is also telling how he is viewed in that (terrible) locker room. I like the guy as a person a lot actually. His pressers are very professional and optimistic throughout this whole dreadful stretch. That's really impressive mental resolve and a good role model which I appreciate.

Edited by grizmo78
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, grizmo78 said:

I think with Sutton, the same with Javonte, is their injuries zapped them of all of their athleticism. If Sutton was mailing it in, you would see at least 1-2 plays where he puts in effort and looks explosive enough. Issue is that every route he runs looks slow and lacks suddenness in cuts. That to me says he just doesn't have it, not that he hes a poor attitude. The fact he has been voted a captain 4 years in a row is also telling how he is viewed in that (terrible) locker room. I like the guy as a person a lot actually. His pressers are very professional and optimistic throughout this whole dreadful stretch. That's really impressive mental resolve and a good role model which I appreciate.

The worst part is that if that's the case, it's not going to get better. 

Given what we know about Sutton, and how much his teammates look up to him, I'm far more inclined to agree with your assessment.    If Sutton was the 2nd look in another O, he'd be really successful, but not as the alpha.   

TBH, if SF wants to trade us that 3rd for Sutton with Deebo out a few weeks, I know Payton won't accept it, but we should accept.  Sadly, I doubt that offer is on the table.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1