DE Tyree Wilson suffers knee sprain; Not considered long-term

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

Not sure why Wilson still gets so much attention. He's no better than a backup at this point. It's Proven. He has no more potential, it's been too long and he's had all the time in the world to improve. 

He hasn't, and this is who he is. 

Agree. I'm not even interested in the player anymore. Just a guy on the roster who will be off it soon.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2024 at 12:15 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

I lie I want to see Wilson dominate lol esp vs Carolina. This is his time if he can’t capitalize off this opportunity I don’t think he’ll get another shot

I avoided this forum over the weekend.  He does not deserve another shot. :( 

21 hours ago, NickButera said:

Not sure why Wilson still gets so much attention. He's no better than a backup at this point. It's Proven. He has no more potential, it's been too long and he's had all the time in the world to improve. 

He hasn't, and this is who he is. 

Another player in the long rich history of Raiders' first round busts.

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Especially on the outside don’t think he played dt once yesterday 

Such a strange decision when he was doing some damage there at the back end of last season.

Given we have had no inside pass rush to speak of - surely you’d start him there??

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Very premature at the start of his 2nd season to call him a JAG. He already looks noticeably better than preseason IMHO.

He almost had a sack on one of Dalton's TDs.

He might end up being a JAG but again coming off 2 injuries now, at least give him the season to see how he progresses jeez.

That’s good for anyone you just kinda expect more from the #7 pick. A qb pressure and a assisted tackle is a start tho 

Prebuttal : Cle Ferrel is not Tryee Wilson, is not Cle Ferrell. They both have been drafted high and don't seem to live up to their draft position. THAT's the only point being made.

Analysis of a guy is usually based on context. Draft value, roster value, player value to the squad, or whatever. Seems like it's very hard to have one discussion without a midstream swap to the other contexts.

Clelin Ferrell is coming up on his 50th NFL start. He has clearly (to three different teams now) worked into being a useful NFL caliber football player. He demonstrably has enough skill to last 6 seasons and counting. He got drafted too high. There's no debate there. It's been conceded almost from day 1, and by those who drafted him. But people in the Nation have been ****ting on him for not representing his draft position, his whole run....by countering any quality/value he shows with a context shift to his lack of return on draft value, again and again. And frankly, a LOT of debates I see, seem to do so with the intent to never allow acceptance of the player he actually IS. He was drafter up there, he played down there so he's for-ever in the loss column.

Fair to talk about, but ffs there IS MORE as well. And one does NOT wipe the other.

Evaluating him, and a guy like Tyree is legit in multiple contexts. For Ferrell, and so far for Tryee where it's early, context is key to ever having a discussion about them that isn't forever returning to the one thing that can't ever BE improved. 

Can a guy EVER be valuable to his team, while having never returning full draft value? Is that the ONLY measure that will ever satisfy? Does the original sin of the team always belong in caveat, in what that player does with his carreer?

I think it's a no brainer.

It's always a fair conversation to ask if a guy has lived up to his draft value. AND it's equally fair to ask other questions more about his present value and future potential. But to constantly counter any talk about the latter, with the former....is a hard way to live, IMHO. It seems to me to WASTE a lot of human endeavor, and the enjoyment of watching and discussing what they do or might do BEYOND ONE METRIC.

But that's just my perspective.

(again, these two are NOT being linked in ANY way but their high draft position vs return)

Speaking for myself, I really LIKE watching what a guy does,...like in the present. What else is done, is done. Worth a separate discussion. But the two do NOT mix. Unless present experience,....somehow,.....must be stopped? And who would want that?? And WHY?

Edited by LongJonSilver
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Very premature at the start of his 2nd season to call him a JAG. He already looks noticeably better than preseason IMHO.

He almost had a sack on one of Dalton's TDs.

He might end up being a JAG but again coming off 2 injuries now, at least give him the season to see how he progresses jeez.

He’s starting to show signs of improvement. Still a chance he becomes a good player but may just take time. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jalen Carter looks like the best DT in football and we really took Tyree 

His game on Sunday was one of the most dominant non Aaron Donald DT games I've ever seen.

Then after the game, it looked like he needed two coaches to calm him down like he was gonna go fight members of the Saints, who to be fair, New Orleans was playing pretty dirty throughout the game.

But still, those are the pros and cons of someone like Carter. And that was like the first game this season he's shown up. But dude is mad talented.

As far as Tyree, I would honestly be pretty surprised if he's on the team next year.

• Like 1