Week 2 GDT: Jets @ Titans

8 minutes ago, 615finest said:

13 is insane!?!  And we didn’t have anybody who could take his spot!?!

Maybe the play calling isn't a lack of trust in the QB. It's a lack of faith in the OT? 

Levis can't make stupid plays. But he needs to be allowed time to make plays. Having pressure on half your drop back passes from one side can make a man skiddish 

this is what i’m talking about. this is supposed to be THE thing levis can do. it’s what he did all last year! run play action, stand tall in the face of pressure, and hit passes over the intermediate middle. this kind of timidity was nowhere on his tape last year. this is regression.

I think this game went about as expected...minus the blocked punt which is unacceptable in back to back games...but this is a building process. I imagine we will look a lot different after the bye week. It may end up being a blessing the bye week is so early this year. We are still figuring out literally everything as a team because we have literally everything new this season. 

Of course the bonehead Levis lateral can't happen but the reality is it cost us a FG because the D forced a 3 and out. I didn't like the deep shot call on the next offensive play because it looked like that was his only option basically, but the bottom line is Burks has to make that catch and at minimum ensure they don't catch it. But it was like a punt on 1st and 10, which turned into a TD. 

We just have to live through these growing pains and hope we get better over the next few games. We can be better at everything, but ST, play calling, and O Line need to get it together sooner rather than later. 

We played well enough to win both games and bad enough to lose both games, at least we are more watchable, just need to figure out how to win again. 

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

this is what i’m talking about. this is supposed to be THE thing levis can do. it’s what he did all last year! run play action, stand tall in the face of pressure, and hit passes over the intermediate middle. this kind of timidity was nowhere on his tape last year. this is regression.

The more film breakdown I see the more I notice he locks onto a WR and seems to predetermine where he’s goin wit the ball. He’s not seeing the field 

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

The more film breakdown I see the more I notice he locks onto a WR and seems to predetermine where he’s goin wit the ball. He’s not seeing the field 

I know he doesn't have time in public opinion for this type of growth, but it is a very common thing with young players. 

Also with the pass protection, his eyes are down at the rush (I think, nothing to prove it) instead of seeing the field. 

One thing, I hate from fandom is revisionist history( not so much here).
People all the sudden saying "we should have kept Willis" is bonkers. 

Even in preseason game when he started, he was the same. 

Yesterday he looked more of the same, just more in control with better coaching and WRs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

OL needs time to gel, but man do we need to be better than this. Especially when you factor in that Levis went from leading the league in depth of target last year to mostly working inside of 10 yards so far.

Levis might be the cause of about 5% of the 53% maybe?  But yeah that's too much. 

All summer, we talked about needing to keep Levis clean to evaluate him and said last year we couldn't get a good idea due to pressure. 

It's a repeat. 
Lathum looked great tho. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Levis might be the cause of about 5% of the 53% maybe?  But yeah that's too much. 

All summer, we talked about needing to keep Levis clean to evaluate him and said last year we couldn't get a good idea due to pressure. 

It's a repeat. 
Lathum looked great tho. 

Yeah, Latham was good yesterday. Guess the numbers are always going to be bad when one OL is charged with a pressure on 35% of designed passing plays.

9 hours ago, -Hope- said:

Facts this what made me see him as Big Ben. I don’t see it at all so far.

26 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

OL needs time to gel, but man do we need to be better than this. Especially when you factor in that Levis went from leading the league in depth of target last year to mostly working inside of 10 yards so far.

Maybe it'll be John Ojukwu/Jaelyn Duncan season before too long.  I saw a lot of pressure from the right side, but I was mostly watching Latham/Skoronski the whole game.  Noticed Radunz mess up a lot, but obviously NPF was bad too.  OL may have solutions on the roster, but I'd bet they aren't going to be ready for a little while.  Callahan will get the unit there, but he can't do it overnight.

OL play has been poor overall, but I'm inclined to go another month or so before trying to make changes w/ this group (perhaps after the bye so maybe just 2 more games)

It's just a really inexperienced unit...none of this is surprising. none of our offensive woes SHOULD be surprising. Frustrating and redundant, yes. Surprising, not as much

• Like 2

9 hours ago, -Hope- said:

Really looking at this.
I can see what the guy is saying. 
But at same time, I don't think it's open in the window in time to make that throw. 
Radnuz is beat almost right away. 
The safety at time when the defender is in his face, on the ground about to get back up, he is still looking at the WR. 
Right when Levis decides to throw it to the TE, it breaks open and you have a defender bout to get to him and one kinda breaking free from Lathum. 

If Radunz just holds up for half a second and get bulldozed, it's a cleaner pocket and he makes the desired throw. 

He took the checkdown after holding it for a couple beats. Which is what I believe he is coached to do, take a profit in the face of an limited play. 

The teaching point I'd have for this, is that he still drifted to the left. His feet are going where his eyes are going. Maybe he couldn't have stepped to the right, reset and fired it to the WR, but I would have liked to have seen that. 

But to the criticism of the tweet, I disagree.