Week 2 general discussion

Blackstar12

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/lamar-jackson-playoff-stats

Friendly reminder that I don’t have a team I’m just a football critic.

Oh Lamar is terrible in the playoffs, no argument here. I've been super vocal about that. 

But Joe Burrow has been average in them and both can be true. Only difference is most people acknowledge Lamar sucks in the playoffs and most people pretend like Burrow is some playoff god when in reality he was winning a lot of 20-17 type games in 2021-22 off the back of his defense.

Lamar career playoff rating 75 and Burrow 84 is nasty work for one objectively awful performer and one "playoff shiesty brrrrr"

Edited by Ray Reed

25 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Oh Lamar is terrible in the playoffs, no argument here. I've been super vocal about that. 

But Joe Burrow has been average in them and both can be true. Only difference is most people acknowledge Lamar sucks in the playoffs and most people pretend like Burrow is some playoff god when in reality he was winning a lot of 20-17 type games in 2021-22 off the back of his defense.

Lamar career playoff rating 75 and Burrow 84 is nasty work for one objectively awful performer and one "playoff shiesty brrrrr"

Burrow is technically a 3 year QB with all the injuries he’s dealt. Lamar is a 2 time MVP. Cope harder. With loaded rosters. They’ve lost because of him. The bengals made the SB because of Burrow. He beat those titans that knocked you potatos out the playoffs a few years before. 

3 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Burrow is technically a 3 year QB with all the injuries he’s dealt. Lamar is a 2 time MVP. Cope harder. With loaded rosters. They’ve lost because of him. The bengals made the SB because of Burrow. He beat those titans that knocked you potatos out the playoffs a few years before. 

Giant Thumb Guy Blank Template - Imgflip

@Steelersfan43

It's interesting they have the Raiders as the biggest dog for the week. Don't they have a good run defense? Obviously I would still favor the Ravens but I see a world where Raiders squeak out a win just based on matchups. I could also say the same for the Buccs vs Lions where a huge portion of the Lions O is run game, which the Buccs should be great at defending. 

3 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

@Steelersfan43

It's interesting they have the Raiders as the biggest dog for the week. Don't they have a good run defense? Obviously I would still favor the Ravens but I see a world where Raiders squeak out a win just based on matchups. I could also say the same for the Buccs vs Lions where a huge portion of the Lions O is run game, which the Buccs should be great at defending. 

I agree this is possible for the bucs but for the raiders,I don't think the raiders can score enough against the ravens defense!

Just now, Steelersfan43 said:

I agree this is possible for the bucs but for the raiders,I don't think the raiders can score enough against the ravens defense!

Very true! I suppose I could also go Saints cause well...Cowboys gonna cowboy AMIRITE?!

29 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

@Steelersfan43

Man, not really. 

Our DL is stout. But we can't expect them to hold every run w/in 2 yds of the LOS. They will a good bit, but nobody is batting 1.000% in that regard. 

Once someone gets past our OL, they're probably gaining a solid chunk. Our LBs and secondary are almost useless beyond being speedbumps in run support. 

As soon as Henry, Hill, and Lamar tire out the DL about midway through Q3, Baltimore should easily pull away. 

• Like 1

I find this Sundays schedule could be hit or miss. Browns and Jags may be okay at 1:00pm. I'll probably watch Bucs and Lions.

4pm games look better. On paper Chiefs and Bengals should be good but I see a blowout. Steelers/Broncos is fun and Cards/Rams should be entertaining too. Sunday night could be interesting.