What do the Dolphins do at QB?

Danger

I can't imagine they'll sit and just say "yeah we'll throw away this season and roll with Skylar Thompson for however long it may be".

Trade? Sign someone out of retirement? Who'd be viable choices that can actually play halfways mediocre?

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I can't imagine they'll sit and just say "yeah we'll throw away this season and roll with Skylar Thompson for however long it may be".

Trade? Sign someone out of retirement? Who'd be viable choices that can actually play halfways mediocre?

CJ breathard, tannehill?

Trade for one of our Broncos backups. You know you want to Miami...do itttt

Nah but realistically, it's gonna be Tua. We already saw how they treated his concussion situations many times (sadly) based on previous instances. He'll probably play next week or the one after. Now, if the NFL stepped in or Tua decided to retire or something (I don't think either of these are likely), then why trade for anyone? Just punt the season and draft a new one

• Like 1

Just now, Dbrog24 said:

Trade for one of our Broncos backups. You know you want to Miami...do itttt

Nah but realistically, it's gonna be Tua. We already saw how they treated his concussion situations many times (sadly) based on previous instances. He'll probably play next week or the one after. Now, if the NFL stepped in or Tua decided to retire or something (I don't think either of these are likely), then why trade for anyone? Just punt the season and draft a new one

I've heard reports Tua could be out for multiple months due to the repeated concussions and how he acted upon contact. 

Just now, Danger said:

I've heard reports Tua could be out for multiple months due to the repeated concussions and how he acted upon contact. 

I truly hope you're right. He's gonna be the poster child for another CTE lawsuit in the NFL

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

They will just wait a couple weeks and start Tua when he clears protocol.

Man...I wish that kid would just hang em up. Anyone "clearing" him at this point is just being negligent. 

As for what to do...

Thompson isn't a particularly good QB, maybe low end backup quality, but a healthy Thompson was at least able to move the ball around last night in obvious passing situations. Enough so with enough time I was a bit shocked the Dolphins didn't even seem to try. 

A decent low end starter, their season is far from over. Options are ridiculously limited, but a few teams have former starters hanging around as backups. 

It's a tough spot though, if Tua winds up done. They need to tank for a QB but they're too talented to actually tank, imo. 

Best bets would probably be signing off a practice squad:

Mike White, Tyler Huntley, Adrian Martinez. 

Or trading, but likely overpaying for:

Copper Rush, if Dallas would even let go of him. 

The realistic options are pretty slim. Other guys are as unproven as Thompson is. 

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Options are ridiculously limited, but a few teams have former starters hanging around as backups. 

The only problem is that teams typically aren't willing to let go of a quality backup, especially at this point of the season. If they did, one wrong hit to their starter means those teams would be in the exact same situation.