Week 3: VIKINGS (2-0) vs. Texans (2-0)

swede700

Game 3

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif?width=320&hevs NFL_Texans.gif?width=160&height=106&fit=

When:  1:00 PM EDT, September 22nd

Where: US Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: CBS (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio);

Announcers: Ian Eagle, Charles Davis, Evan Washburn

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2024/03-CBS.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: WR None

Texans - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: WR None

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

57 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Should be a fun game. I'm going to it, and I have a good home record.

O'Connell: "You just kind of felt them willing us further and further to go get this thing done, so I want to compliment our crowd. Absolutely love, love, love our fans."

https://www.vikings.com/news/sam-darnold-deep-pass-leadership-key-drive-scrambling-win-49ers

10 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

O'Connell: "You just kind of felt them willing us further and further to go get this thing done, so I want to compliment our crowd. Absolutely love, love, love our fans."

https://www.vikings.com/news/sam-darnold-deep-pass-leadership-key-drive-scrambling-win-49ers

Last year my voice was lost for a week following the 49ers Monday night game.

You're all welcome btw. 

• Like 2

Great to see the Texans in action last night as well as the division-rival Bears. The Stroud to Collins connection is money but the Bears were able to make Stroud uncomfortable at times, our front 7 will need to continue that trend.

Darrisaw had some struggles against Bosa so hopefully he can have a rebound game. I'll admit I'm being tough on CD71 but he had a little stretch there where he gave up a sack and then Bosa put him on his butt. Hunter and Anderson were impressive last night for the Texans so CD71 and BO75 will have their work cut out for them again.

Hopefully Jets and Addison can play in this one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

how well, or poorly, did the Texans do in away games last year?

They had a few they should have won.  Panthers and Falcons loss come to mind.  They didnt show up for the Jets game.   On the flip side they did have some impressive road wins.  The Bengals game and the last game of the season vs the Colts were impressive. 

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

how well, or poorly, did the Texans do in away games last year?

An even 4-4 in the regular season, beating all of their division opponents on the road and at Cincy.  They lost to both of their road NFC opponents in Atlanta and Carolina.

Desmond Ridder only has had 3 300+ yd games passing...and one of those was vs. Houston last year. Bryce Young's 3rd most passing yds was vs. the Texans...even though it was still only 235 yds.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1