Week 3: VIKINGS (2-0) vs. Texans (2-0)

swede700

51 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Of all the games this season, this is the one I have the hardest time seeing a win. I think the Texans will represent the AFC in the Superbowl. 

That being said, they're not going to go 17-0 and they can afford to lose one to an NFC opponent. Let's make that happen! Skol!

I don't have a hard time seeing a win.  While the Texans are going to be a good team, they barely beat a team that lost the next week to a team starting Malik Willis and then barely beat a team that couldn't score an offensive TD the week before while the Vikings really have manhandled both of their opponents and are playing at home. 

If the Vikings can play at the same level that they have these last 2 weeks, this game shouldn't be in question...of course, that remains to be seen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I don't have a hard time seeing a win.  While the Texans are going to be a good team, they barely beat a team that lost the next week to a team starting Malik Willis and then barely beat a team that couldn't score an offensive TD the week before while the Vikings really have manhandled both of their opponents and are playing at home. 

If the Vikings can play at the same level that they have these last 2 weeks, this game shouldn't be in question...of course, that remains to be seen.

If the Vikings can play at the same level they have the first two weeks, they have an excellent shot to win. But they can't allow Houston to hang around like they did San Francisco. Which means they can't shoot themselves in the foot with dumb penalties and turnovers.

• Like 2

Houston kicker Ka’imi Fairbairn has once again been named AFC special teams player of the week.

Fairbairn connected on 56, 47, 59, and 53-yard field goals to help deliver Houston the win. Per the Texans, that made him the first kicker in league history with six field goals of at least 50 yards in a two-game span. He is also the first kicker in NFL history to make three 50-yard field goals in multiple games throughout his career.

Fairbairn was also the AFC special teams player of the week for Week 1. It’s Fairbairn’s third time earning the honor.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kaimi-fairbairn-again-earns-afc-special-teams-player-of-the-week

56, 59, 53, and 47 yard kicks... impressive.

Edited by vike daddy

Head coach Kevin O’Connell told reporters at his Wednesday press conference that receiver Justin Jefferson was able to participate in walk-through, though things were a little more unclear for the day’s upcoming practice. But either way, it sounds like the Vikings are anticipating that he’ll play in Week 3.

KOC: "Whether he’s a participant today or not, hoping to get him a little more work throughout the week as we progress forward. And then I know Justin is very much looking forward to getting an opportunity to play. So, if we can avoid any setbacks or things like that throughout the week, hoping to have him. But, long way to go until Sunday.”

As for fellow receiver Jordan Addison, O’Connell said the second-year player is “still in that day-to-day world” where the team needs to see how he responds to treatment.

“Hopefully, it progresses throughout the week,” O’Connell said.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/justin-jefferson-participated-in-walk-through-jordan-addison-still-day-to-day

The Texans’ practice week got underway without much reason for optimism about running back Joe Mixon’s availability for this weekend’s game against the Vikings. Mixon did not practice due to the ankle injury that he suffered in last Sunday night’s loss to the Bears. Texans head coach DeMeco Ryans said at his Wednesday press conference that the team is “holding out hope” that Mixon will be able to play on Sunday.

Cam Akers, Dare Ogunbowale, and Dameon Pierce are the other Texans backs, although Pierce has been sidelined by a hamstring injury recently.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/joe-mixon-out-of-practice-texans-holding-out-hope-can-play-this-week

On 9/16/2024 at 8:01 AM, SemperFeist said:

Hopefully there’s a lot more purple in the stands. 

I know the 49ers fans travel really well, but that was ugly. 

There should be a LOT less Houston Out-of-Towners in the stands this week, because now we KNOW that The Vikings WILL be in the playoff race, and if they don't have serious long-term injuries to key players.  Right after J.J. McCarthy was declared "Out for the season" lots of local season ticket holders, who had no faith that Darnold would improve much even with help from our good coaching staff and from having lots of good targets to throw to, and who underestimated how much our defensive roster has been improved, sold off a lot of their seats for The 49ers game.  But, after seeing The Vikings win their first 2 games, convincingly, and, seeing that The Vikings are really GOOD, even with some of their stars out, from now on, they'll want to go to all the home games.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

If the Vikings manage to win this game, is there a game left on the schedule where they won’t be favored?

I doubt anyone will favor us in many games this season. They see "Sam Darnold starting QB" and immediately pick the other team without considering any other variable.

But that's okay. I like the underdog role!

11 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

If the Vikings manage to win this game, is there a game left on the schedule where they won’t be favored?

9/29 - @ Packers - Should be favored if Willis is starting

10/6 - Jets in London - Should be favored, but if that Jets offense is clicking by then, it won't be by much

10/20 - Lions - Even at home, I think the Lions might be favored

10/24 - @ Rams - Kupp and Nakua should both be back. It's a road game. If the Vikings only have one loss, they should be favored

11/3 - Colts - Should be favored, but I think it turns out to be a very tough game

11/10 - @ Jaguars - Should be favored

11/17 - @ Titans - Should be favored

11/24 -  @ Bears - Should be favored, but play like crap in Chicago

12/1 - Cardinals - Vikings should be favored, but the Cardinals might be ascending

12/8 - Falcons - If Kirk is rolling it will be a tough game, but the Vikings probably will be slightly favored

12/16 - Bears - Should be favored

12/22 - @ Seahawks - Seattle could be favored becasue it's in Seattle

12/29 - Packers - Home game, should be favored

1/5 - @ Lions - Lions probably favored if both teams are fighting for the Division

It's still too early to say we're going to get even-keeled, do the right thing when asked, Sam Darnold all season long. But if he keeps playing like he has in each game, do you see five losses on that schedule?