Bears at Colts 9/22 Noon Game On CBS

I'm just glad we got to see Caleb improve. 

And again, we didn't even have Keenan Allen. 

Imagine we get him back, along with Rome looking pretty solid minus the bad drop for an INT. 

And putting Roschon as the starting RB 1: This offense can turn out to at least be decent as Caleb continues to improve. 

• Like 2

52 passing attempts for a rookie QB against a team who the previous 2 weeks couldn't stop the run is negligence...

Either Flus or Poles needs to step in and tell Waldron **** needs to improve and fast...the OL is an issue no doubt but we aren't calling anything to help them at this point...we can't run the ball even well enough to set up the pass...the core principles of the Shanahan/McVay offence are completely missing...sure we are missing Allen who would be a massive help...but one player (who you know is injury prone) can't be the critical piece of your offence and when he is not there you abandon everything else...

Caleb was better than last week where he was better than the week before...but no rookie QB is making a living throwing the ball this much behind a struggling OL.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

I'm just glad we got to see Caleb improve. 

And again, we didn't even have Keenan Allen. 

Imagine we get him back, along with Rome looking pretty solid minus the bad drop for an INT. 

And putting Roschon as the starting RB 1: This offense can turn out to at least be decent as Caleb continues to improve. 

Excellent points!  There were definitely some positives we can take away from this game, even though we also got the L.  We'll get there.

Da Bears.

• Like 1

Honestly, Waldron was terrible. Option toss on 4th and 1? TE blocking a good pass rushing DE 1 on 1? Middle of the field stuff worked….when it was called? How many screens were called today? I’d guess somewhere in the double digits at least. 

We should have won this game. 3 Turnovers by Caleb and some awful play calling in the first half by Waldron is what did us in. This loss is on those two pretty squarely. 

The offense started to look like it should in the last 20 minutes of the game. Why it’s taking that long (similar to the end of the Titans game) is something Waldron has to answer for and fix asap. It’s also shocking that we threw the ball 50+. Too much was made about what the Colts Run D  it wasn’t as bad as 230 y/g, but we didn’t take advantage at all till thr 4th

The only other thing other than the Picks that I’d say Caleb needs to work on is running a bit. When they are doing great in coverage, that means there is plenty of space. Take the 3-4-5 yard runs. It will break everything open. And wanting to hang in the pocket that long just isn’t realistic for anyone. Not even Mahomes or prime Rodgers did it. 

The D played great outside of one or two blown coverages. You can’t expect them to completely stifle JT and that OL the entire game, you just need the offense to do something so they can’t get rolling like that for the last 25 minutes

We are so close, and if Caleb keeps improving at this pace, teams are going to be very scared of us come November, but of course the outsized and borderline delusional expectations of this fan base have so many too close to the forest to see the trees and already throwing in the towel because “this franchise, ugh”

You guys hold on and don’t let the demons of the past/the Debbie Downers of forever get to you, you’ll be loving this team come Winter

• Like 1

Post game thoughts...Waldron playcalling straight up sucked until the 4th quarter...also that fumble on Richardson that got called a sack because forward progress was stopped was complete BS considering the whistle didnt blow til after he lost the ball and then was suspect when Colts got a TD that could have also been called stopped because of the same reason. Refs definitely didn't play those consistently and that could have very well been the difference in pts today.

I think Caleb looked pretty good..nothing spectacular but not bad either...one very bad INT and the other not really his fault but he'll learn. Fumble gotta get ball out quicke4 

He clearly needs more time to gel with his receivers because the timing of some plays was still off but the guy definitely looks like he knows what he's doing out there.

The way he goes through his checks at the line pre snap and progressions during the play is pretty impressive for a rookie. OL just needs to protect him better and he will be fine. I have no doubts about it 

Just had a feeling this is how this game would go. Colts 0-2 at home and desperate for a win and Bears on the tail end of back to back road games..tall order.

I guess some positives to take out of the last two losses is that Caleb looked lot better each week  and both losses came against AFC opponents.

Edited by topwop1

So couple post games thoughts:

1. Caleb continues playing better. Still a massive amount to work on, but connected on some deep balls. Also had some powerfully rookie throws

2. Shame waldron... Phone auto corrected Shane to shame there and you know what? Perfect. Good phone. 

3. Darnell Wright is the only Nfl linemen still on this roster next year. 

4. Morgan is unemployed by the bye. He's the running game coordinator and OL coach. Everyone on the line has regressed and/or immediately plays better elsewhere. 

5. Whoever wanted to promote Morgan this offseason is also fired. 

6. There is no situation where an NFL qb should be passing 52x on one game. The fact that a rookie had to do that is borderline criminal. 

7. Odunze had ups and downs today, but he carried the offense. 

8. Swift was a bad trade, a terrible contract, and terrible evaluation. I might legitimately prefer Velus right now. 

9. Roschon looked "decent" today. He's a #2 though. 

10. DJ Moore is starting to concern me. He isn't producing like a #1, and he always looks like he's even more frustrated than we fans are. He frankly looks like he doesn't want to be here. 

9 minutes ago, Epyon said:

So couple post games thoughts:

1. Caleb continues playing better. Still a massive amount to work on, but connected on some deep balls. Also had some powerfully rookie throws

2. Shame waldron... Phone auto corrected Shane to shame there and you know what? Perfect. Good phone. 

3. Darnell Wright is the only Nfl linemen still on this roster next year. 

4. Morgan is unemployed by the bye. He's the running game coordinator and OL coach. Everyone on the line has regressed and/or immediately plays better elsewhere. 

5. Whoever wanted to promote Morgan this offseason is also fired. 

6. There is no situation where an NFL qb should be passing 52x on one game. The fact that a rookie had to do that is borderline criminal. 

7. Odunze had ups and downs today, but he carried the offense. 

8. Swift was a bad trade, a terrible contract, and terrible evaluation. I might legitimately prefer Velus right now. 

It wasn't a trade

9. Roschon looked "decent" today. He's a #2 though. 

10. DJ Moore is starting to concern me. He isn't producing like a #1, and he always looks like he's even more frustrated than we fans are. He frankly looks like he doesn't want to be here. 

He's probably tired of playing with s*** offenses for his entire career