BDL 2024 Week 3: New Orleans Jazz @ Las Vegas Bangers

RedGold

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New Orleans Jazz
    • Las Vegas Bangers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2024 at 04:01 AM

Just now, InjuredReserve said:

Appreciate that. Assuming you mean "wasn't fluff". It did get longer than I wanted and will focus a bit more on brevity in the future. But, I do like to make it clear how we expect to execute (I think I can do that in maybe 65% the length going forward).

Yes lol

Chapter 3: The Home Opener

BB wearily tugs the sweat soaked wig off his head as he wipes the grease from his Cubano onto his blood stained Quenton Nelson t-shirt. The battlefield arrayed before him paints a grim picture of a Cuba roster that had great honor and fought with true zeal. Shame what happened to them.

“We must inform IR of our victory, bring my carrier pigeons. Only the fleetest of foot will do,” BB cried.

“But sir, carrier pigeons fly,” the Soldier pleaded.

“Mine run,” BB growled already walking away.

An eerie smile played across BB’s face as he finished writing his note on the tiny parchment and outfitted the pigeon for its perilous journey. “Off with you, bring news of my feats.” The carrier pigeon trotted and then broke into a run across the field of war. It set a blistering pace to arrive not 20 yards from where BB stood.

“Oh you are already here………………………………………..how much did you see,” BB said through a suspiciously apprehensive stare.

IR grabbed the pigeon and explained that “I have been here the entire time. You just ran around screaming at the Cubans that they were lacbeef intolerant, and I think it needs to be said, what you did to the survivors is a war-crime.”

BB glared, “I was SENDING A MESSAGE………..anyway who’s next?”

“New Orleans”

“Truly excellent, back to the boats my beefy men! We are headed to the Big Easy!” BB yells as he slaps the powdered wig back on his head and finishes his motivational speech with “Jambalaya and Beignets for everyone tonight!”

As the boats launched IR yelled after him “The game is in Vegas”. “Eh he’ll figure it out”, IR mumbled as he finally got around to opening the pigeon’s message. Written in crayon with grease stains obscuring it read, “Bring snacks”.

IR looked out on the dawn that would bring their latest conquest. The Las Vegas quest for glory and BB’s side mission for Beefy Awareness were only just beginning

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

• Like 1

On 9/23/2024 at 1:13 PM, Scoundrel said:

Vegas really called what NOLA wanted to do on both sides of the ball. The question will be do they have the personnel to execute. 

This is where I’m at, too. I would question whether Las Vegas has the explosive talent to pull off the gameplan but then Jauan Jennings had A Game.

New Orleans feels like a team that, by and large, is going to grind you down and pop off a few explosive plays downfield with Allen’s arm. Vegas is built to stop that pretty well and planned for it.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2024 at 1:13 PM, Scoundrel said:

Vegas really called what NOLA wanted to do on both sides of the ball. The question will be do they have the personnel to execute. 

This is where I am waffling. I love the shootout here, but it might not quite be the shootout I expected.  Another tough one.

My initial reaction was that the Jazz boasted the better offensive players, but I honestly feel that the Bangers prepared nicely to counter the defensive gameplan pitched by New Orleans. Crowding the line while running a Cover 1 defense against the Las Vegas 50/50 offense doesn't seem like a great approach, and Lamar's big Week 3 makes me think that Vegas takes this one with a 31-24 final.

• Like 1