Caleb Williams

Vladimir L

Was he worth it!?

would the bears been better off keeping Fields and drafting Joe Alt with Nabers? Also with the extra 2nd rounder or 1st rounder another lineman?

Field looks like he wants to rely on talent alone and not read defenses.

I get it only 3 games but no rookie #1 pick a that I can think of has come on to such a loaded team. 

5 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Was he worth it!?

would the bears been better off keeping Fields and drafting Joe Alt with Nabers? Also with the extra 2nd rounder or 1st rounder another lineman?

I get it only 3 games but no rookie #1 pick a that I can think of has come on to such a loaded team. 

A better coach and O-line couldn't hurt. 

• Like 7

One of the problems right now is that the Bears are asking too much of him and the Bears seem to forget that he is a rookie!

Being in a good situation and good environment matters in the NFL...Yes he has talent around him at the skill position but the coaching is questionable for the Bears and they have no running game so far.Their o-line is bad too

Edited by Steelersfan43
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Was he worth it!?

lol. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If the Bears got rid of Shane Waldron (and Eberflus), Ryan Pace and actually invested in the OL, Caleb Williams might stand a cahnce.

Until then, he's basically in the same situation Andrew Luck was in with the Colts where the GM chose to invest in WR's and never gave him any protection and it ended Luck's career.

Luck and Burrow had terrible lines and still performed 

It’s too early to say. He needs at least a season I’d say. Even though I can’t stand him. Let’s be fair.

But so far, this is how he plays….

- Is pocket clean? 
Yes: hold the ball and wait for the read to come open. If it’s open, launch it.

Yes: hold the ball and wait for the read to come open. It doesn’t come open - bail backwards with a spin and escape pocket running round like a headless chicken, and get sacked 

No: bail backwards with a spin and escape pocket running round like a headless chicken, and/or get sacked 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If the Bears got rid of Shane Waldron (and Eberflus), Ryan Pace and actually invested in the OL, Caleb Williams might stand a cahnce.

Until then, he's basically in the same situation Andrew Luck was in with the Colts where the GM chose to invest in WR's and never gave him any protection and it ended Luck's career.

I assume you mean Ryan Poles, but yes, mostly agreed.  Poles has been good for the most part but has been severely wrong in a couple key areas that are definitely biting the team.  Obviously the 2nd for whats his face from the steelers was terrible, but forgiveable.  Paying DeAndre Swift what they did last year and continuing to try scrape the bottom of the barrel for interior ol is definitely the worst thing he's done.  Eberflus forcing Waldron to retain Chris Morgan (OL coach) was also a huge head scratcher.  

• Like 2