Week 5: VIKINGS (4-0) vs. Jets (2-2)

swede700

41 minutes ago, SotanKing said:

So does that mean it's a revenge game for KOC too?  It's no wonder Tannenbaum is now just a crappy NFL insider saying weird things like the Vikings should have traded for Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray. 

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I believe they lost Hargrave during the game as well. 

He played 33 out of 54 (61.1%) possible snaps against the Vikings in week 2 and injured his triceps in week 3 against the Rams.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/184064-worst-graded-players-vikings-counts/

"Hargrave partially tore his triceps during the 49ers' Week 3 loss to the Rams, and head coach Kyle Shanahan relayed Monday that the injury likely keep the veteran defensive tackle out for the rest of the regular season, per Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com."

https://www.rotowire.com/football/headlines/javon-hargrave-injury-placed-on-ir-with-torn-triceps-577279

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Better CBs and DBs in general. Their linebackers are really good and when you have a hobbled Bosa and Hargrave out, the pass rush is greatly compromised. Your line's weakness is the interior Q Williams won't be easily handled. 

You do realize how good our receivers are, don't you? Like you do know who our receivers are?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

has Darnold ever been on a team when it traveled for a London game?

No.  He was traded to Carolina before the season that the Jets played at Tottenham.  Neither Carolina (last time was 2019) or San Francisco (2013) has played in London in the last 5 years.   

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

No.  He was traded to Carolina before the season that the Jets played at Tottenham.  Neither Carolina (last time was 2019) or San Francisco (2013) has played in London in the last 5 years.   

well, this is a game where he needs to rise to the occasion and not have a down day. it's not so much adversity he will need to overcome, but nonfamiliarity. 

If the Vikings aren’t missing any key guys and they manage the traveling well enough then they should cover the spread. We’ve traveled to London recently so let’s hope the experience shows.

This game might be a blowout. Jets have squandered games they should have won. They definitely don’t play as tough as the Vikes on D, and they have power rankings as low as 17 and trending downward. They are primed for a losing streak, schedule wise.

Sauce plays JJ well, but I could see this being a decoy game where everyone else eats. They play a ton of zone so I expect some outside work from Nailor and Addy.

Edited by HEYPAUL!
  • Like 1

Kevin O’Connell addressed in his Monday press conference, Minnesota will stick to its usual Wednesday schedule before changing things up a bit on Thursday as they fly across the pond to arrive in England on Friday morning.

O’Connell said he relies on the team’s player health and performance staff to come up with the best schedule for the unusual week.

O’Connell: “I just trust that they tell me what they think is best. Then it’s all about the intent of making sure the players know exactly what to expect, what the challenges may be. There’s no smoke and mirrors to this. It’s a difficult week, but it’s a difficult week for both teams with the travel. The best thing you can do is not try to confuse anybody, not try to trick anybody. Here’s what it is. Here’s how we’re going to attack it, and here’s why. Our guys always respond to that.”

“I think it’s a really, really cool experience [playing in London]. We won a football game there, came back and played a game a week later at U.S. Bank Stadium in ’22. We’re going to get the bye week this time. I said yesterday the previous four weeks mean absolutely nothing for the challenge of the New York Jets this week. Which is a great, great challenge between Aaron Rodgers and their defense and just a really good roster, good coaches, and tough schemes to go against."

“We’ve got to have a really good week of prep. It’s been kind of our separator here over the first month. It’s good preparation leading into a lot of confidence to play well.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/vikings-will-travel-to-london-on-thursday-for-friday-morning-arrival

here's what NYJ fans wrote after the Denver game:

@jetsfan4life51: "Can we fire Saleh right now?  Have Middleton as the interim."

@doumeyer: "The O line broke down again. I can't believe how bad the O line really is."

@rickyt31: "I could write paragraphs, but I got better things to do. We spent all the money to finally become an average team. No excuses. With all this talent, this game shouldn't have been close. Our OC/HC look horrible."

@ekill08x: "Saleh and this entire staff is the worst in the NFL. Ulbrich is okay but a better coach would have this defense in better shape.

Breece Hall is very overrated. He runs soft. Allen runs much harder.  This game was an amalgamation of everything wrong with this team Undisciplined, underperforming, and poorly coached. This was supposed to be the year we finally started to really compete and this team just has the same vibe as the Wilson lead teams. Idk what’s happened to Hall but he’s looked horrendous, Allen should be seeing more carries probably even an even split. Garrett looks lost and why are we not working Corley in. Outside of Quinnen and McDonald our DL has looked terrible. I feel a regime change at the end of the year if this continues 

@Dr.O: "This game was an amalgamation of everything wrong with this team Undisciplined, underperforming, and poorly coached. This was supposed to be the year we finally started to really compete and this team just has the same vibe as the Wilson lead teams. Idk what’s happened to Hall but he’s looked horrendous, Allen should be seeing more carries probably even an even split. Garrett looks lost and why are we not working Corley in. Outside of Quinnen and McDonald our DL has looked terrible. I feel a regime change at the end of the year if this continues."

@KingOfNewYork: "And I’m tired of the Rodgers stuff. He’s a Hall of Famer obviously and still good but when your foundation is crap it doesn’t matter who is back there. Time and time again. We play offense not to lose games."

@Jag68Sid87: "I think this is clearly a coaching and scheme issue. We don't play up to our talent level. We have the talent, imo. We just suck at planning a strategy to win football games. 

I would love to keep Aaron Rodgers and try again with a new regime, but he has to be on board with that. Rodgers' ego might not be able to handle losing, so perhaps he would get on board with a major shakeup. 

That said, we are one victory away in London, UK from righting the ship (again). This is what happens in the NFL. You are only as good as your last result."