The Browns Current 2 Year Stretch Is The Worst Ever

ILoveTheVikings

13 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Before Eli, it was Elway. He was drafted #1 by the Baltimore Colts, refused to sign (Elway - like Bo - also had a side hustle to use as leverage, as he was a highly touted baseball prospect and was on the Yankees radar) and his rights were traded to Denver for a slew of picks and players - a move that the Browns are actually familiar with. 

So worst case scenario - the Browns continue to add pieces to a young core and start to look like a more attractive destination for a guy such as Alex Smith, Eli, Tyrod Taylor or any other QB on the move. 

Not the WORST outcome. 

That's not the worst case scenario lol. That's the best case scenario

Just now, lancerman said:

That's not the worst case scenario lol. That's the best case scenario

Talking about the Browns, not the QB. Sure, they'd like the franchise QB. If they can't get that, they can get a bridge QB and continue building on a strong young core of guys. 

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Talking about the Browns, not the QB. Sure, they'd like the franchise QB. If they can't get that, they can get a bridge QB and continue building on a strong young core of guys. 

No I mean your worst case scenario is the Browns somehow pulling off something they have been incapable of doing an attracting some type of half decent franchise QB. That's looking like their best case scenario right now.

No I mean your worst case scenario is the Browns somehow pulling off something they have been incapable of doing an attracting some type of half decent franchise QB. That's looking like their best case scenario right now.

Once upon a time, that was the story of the New England Patriots. Never say never.

Yeah it took a new owner. The best case scenario is that.

Can't argue that Haslam is a bane to the franchise, but given his legal woes with Flying J, he might move the team sooner rather than later. Then, you'll see Warren Buffet and his buddy LeBron James put in an offer, and...

Well, never say never.

4 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

They can tie the lions for going 0-16 next week AND have the worst record in sports every maybe, it's a proud day to be a browns fan.

Precursor for when Lebron bolts for the West Coast or Houston next summer.  At least there's the Indians....

2 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

I didn't even realize they could just reenter the draft. These guys almost for sure come from rich families, they can easily just go back and finish their degree team or not and keep working out. They won't drop that far in one year.

Remember that picture of the browns QB Jersey in that storefront? No one guy can turn the browns around but the browns can certainly ruin a QBs career.

This stuff about browns ruining qbs is false. Couch is the only one you’d have an argument about. Who besides him did we ruin?

Now if you say the Browns pick crap qbs I’d entertain that. We also haven’t been in an ideal spot when a good qb came out. Toothlessberger and Wentz are the only ones we were in a great position to draft and passed on them.  ( yeah don’t name later round ones that everyone passed over)

Also we’re in one of our best positions ever for a young guy to come in and succeed. Tons of cap space and tons of draft capital to go get what he would need to succeed. I think we need to fire Hue and hope to get a much better coach. I don’t see this as being a bad spot really. 

Oh and I haven’t seen anything concrete that shows those guys don’t want to come here. I’m convinced people made the Darnold crap up. I can see Rosen saying it. But I won’t even entertain it until I see something concrete to go on. Remember all the rumors Garrett didn’t want to come here?  How’d that work out?  And those rumors were far more concrete for him than anything I’ve heard about these qbs. 

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

This stuff about browns ruining qbs is false. Couch is the only one you’d have an argument about. Who besides him did we ruin?

Now if you say the Browns pick crap qbs I’d entertain that. We also haven’t been in an ideal spot when a good qb came out. Toothlessberger and Wentz are the only ones we were in a great position to draft and passed on them.  ( yeah don’t name later round ones that everyone passed over)

Also we’re in one of our best positions ever for a young guy to come in and succeed. Tons of cap space and tons of draft capital to go get what he would need to succeed. I think we need to fire Hue and hope to get a much better coach. I don’t see this as being a bad spot really. 

Oh and I haven’t seen anything concrete that shows those guys don’t want to come here. I’m convinced people made the Darnold crap up. I can see Rosen saying it. But I won’t even entertain it until I see something concrete to go on. Remember all the rumors Garrett didn’t want to come here?  How’d that work out?  And those rumors were far more concrete for him than anything I’ve heard about these qbs. 

The Browns have never put their QBs in a position to succeed. Bad olines and bad surrounding team leads to injuries and losses and then they lose confidence and it goes downhill from there.

4 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Winning games is overrated. Having a haul of draft picks is better than winning on the scoreboard. You never know what those picks could be, likely superstars though. That is far more satisfying than watching competitive, exciting, winning football. 

pug.gif

26 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

The Browns have never put their QBs in a position to succeed. Bad olines and bad surrounding team leads to injuries and losses and then they lose confidence and it goes downhill from there.

Disagree. We’ve just signed/drafted crap at qb. Again who have we ruined outside of couch?

Archived