NFL Week 6 General Discussion

AFlaccoSeagulls

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I just wonder if these Cowboy players would buy into his bull**** tho. He could lose the locker room real quick.

Why are we so convinced that these Cowboys have an endless well of talent?  Coaches aren't out there missing tackles and dropping passes.  

They come out on a national game every 3 weeks and get destroyed and everyone thinks firing Fat Mike is a magic pill that turns them into a juggernaut.  I just don't buy it.

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I think it depends on what else is out there for Bill. I think he really wants that record. But if say the Eagles and Cowboys are both open, I think he's 100% taking Philadelphia 

Agreed here.  And your point on Dallas was right earlier.  I just don’t know if he’s going to want to work with Jerry, or that maybe even Jerry wanting to work with him.  Both guys who are used to their total control, and Jones is the owner so we know how that ultimately ends

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I just wonder if these Cowboy players would buy into his bull**** tho. He could lose the locker room real quick.

Interesting thought.  With Brady being so good at doing what was needed to win, was that something that trickled down to the rest of the roster.  Without that from your top player  does it work like it did in NE?

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Why are we so convinced that these Cowboys have an endless well of talent?  Coaches aren't out there missing tackles and dropping passes.  

They come out on a national game every 3 weeks and get destroyed and everyone thinks firing Fat Mike is a magic pill that turns them into a juggernaut.  I just don't buy it.

Not a soul here thinks that. Mike is part of the problem but it's bigger than just him. 

• Like 1

Just now, squire12 said:

Interesting thought.  With Brady being so good at doing what was needed to win, was that something that trickled down to the rest of the roster.  Without that from your top player  does it work like it did in NE?

I don't think it does. A lot of people said Brady wasn't fun to play with but you obviously understand it because he wanted to win. If Belichick is the same type of demeanor, without a Brady to carry him, how long does it take for him to lose the locker room? 

• Like 1