GDT: It's always Rayneing in Dallas (8-7) @ Homefield Advantage (13-2)

Blahstoise

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

No one is suggesting Doug is infallible but it is pretty funny to see so many of your posts looping back to "Doug is an idiot" when the team is 13-2. If they get beat in the divisional round it won't be because they did or didnt rest starters in week 17. Its because they are missing that Carson Wentz guy. He's pretty important.

But what do i know, Doug caused the fall of Rome.

if doug was smarter he would have never let carson dive for a touchdown and be hurt in the a freak midair injury. 

18 hours ago, nlesthought said:

I switched him over to RT because he's played it, idk if Beatty could play RT. 

Right now I have several starters playing, eight. That's extensive, you can inactive guys while bringing guys up from the PS. I believe only 45 or so are active week to week.

I didn't even consider those guys that may play a series or two. As I said two weeks off is crazy, we didn't perform well after a late bye week.  

Leaving 8 starters of 22 isn't extensive. Starters you have resting based on that depth chart:

Johnson, Kelce, Ajayi, Jeffery, Agholor, Ertz, Graham, Cox, Jernigan, Curry, Bradham, Kendricks, Ellerbe, Jenkins.

...and that's not including flipping the positions or Vaitai and Warmack, Starting Wis who is injured (or he would be a normal starter), Putting Darby 3rd on the depth chart. I just don't think its going to be a wholesale benching like you're suggesting.

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

Leaving 8 starters of 22 isn't extensive. Starters you have resting based on that depth chart:

Johnson, Kelce, Ajayi, Jeffery, Agholor, Ertz, Graham, Cox, Jernigan, Curry, Bradham, Kendricks, Ellerbe, Jenkins.

...and that's not including flipping the positions or Vaitai and Warmack, Starting Wis who is injured (or he would be a normal starter), Putting Darby 3rd on the depth chart. I just don't think its going to be a wholesale benching like you're suggesting.

I suggested mostly veterans to sit or at positions we have depth. LB, DT, DE are areas we have depth. 

7 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

if doug was smarter he would have never let carson dive for a touchdown and be hurt in the a freak midair injury. 

it wasnt' a designed run. That was carson being carson. if you love the good about him then better be prepared for the bad. 

I agree that Daks over cautious nature hinders Dez, as he is one of the best in the league at contested catches. He's not a separation guy, and thus he feels he is always open, when Dak feels he's covered. Which makes him emotional. Then when he DOES get the ball he's so worked up that he has been dropping or now fumbling after the catch.

Which brings me to why a pay cut is being mentioned in the first place. He's top 3 in the league in drops. Some of these drops are ugly too. Like wide open. Like the ones Julio Jones had. Difference is Julio Jones has way more yards and nearly 20 more catches. It's not like Dez isn't getting ops. He is the 11th most targeted man in the league. And it's not like he has only 400 yards this year, he's at over 800. It's reasonable to assume that had he caught some of those easier passes(some of them 30+ yards down field) he WOULD be over 1,000.

BUT I doubt he ever matches his old TD production with Dak, as most of them came from fades. Dak don't do fades. Dak don't like back shoulder. Dak don't like traffic. As long as Dak is tossing it to Dez he will struggle to get 10 TDs a year. The way we approach(when we are lucky) the redzone with Dak and Zeke also limits Dezs' opportunity. He can still crack 1,000 with Dak though if he doesn't drop the easy passes.

I don't think he likes this system and I don't think the cowboys are happy with his drops\ball security coupled with his emotional outbursts. All while being the highest paid player on the team.

Storms a'comin

31 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I agree that Daks over cautious nature hinders Dez, as he is one of the best in the league at contested catches. He's not a separation guy, and thus he feels he is always open, when Dak feels he's covered. Which makes him emotional. Then when he DOES get the ball he's so worked up that he has been dropping or now fumbling after the catch.

Which brings me to why a pay cut is being mentioned in the first place. He's top 3 in the league in drops. Some of these drops are ugly too. Like wide open. Like the ones Julio Jones had. Difference is Julio Jones has way more yards and nearly 20 more catches. It's not like Dez isn't getting ops. He is the 11th most targeted man in the league. And it's not like he has only 400 yards this year, he's at over 800. It's reasonable to assume that had he caught some of those easier passes(some of them 30+ yards down field) he WOULD be over 1,000.

BUT I doubt he ever matches his old TD production with Dak, as most of them came from fades. Dak don't do fades. Dak don't like back shoulder. Dak don't like traffic. As long as Dak is tossing it to Dez he will struggle to get 10 TDs a year. The way we approach(when we are lucky) the redzone with Dak and Zeke also limits Dezs' opportunity. He can still crack 1,000 with Dak though if he doesn't drop the easy passes.

I don't think he likes this system and I don't think the cowboys are happy with his drops\ball security coupled with his emotional outbursts. All while being the highest paid player on the team.

Storms a'comin

Moving on from Dez would be in the Cowboys best interests for sure. I don't think Jerry Jones makes that move though. We will see.

13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Moving on from Dez would be in the Cowboys best interests for sure. I don't think Jerry Jones makes that move though. We will see.

Yeah Jerruh seems to worriy about team backlash, so I agree that he will keep Dez around for at least 2018 to avoid it. 

Archived