Packers Texans post game. Packers ****** victory from the jaws of defeat after trying to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.

Refugee

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He's not, he's a run to throw guy. I would call him savvy more than elusive and a running threat. My gut instincts tell me he's under pressure more this year than last. 

I've only watched Stroud for like 2 or 3 games outside of this one against us.

When I watched him before, I thought that he and Love were very, very similar in how they used their feet and in their arm.

After yesterday, I came away feeling like Love would push the envelope more downfield than Stroud, but that was Stroud without Nico, whom I know is a huge weapon.

Still....I think those two guys are very similar to each other in how they play the game at QB.

• Like 1

I was a little irked when I read something saying the fan who blocked the Mixon Lambeau leap was ejected from the game.  Then I saw this...

But the same fan appeared to have returned to his seat by game's end. The fan appears in photos next to Packers kicker Brandon McManus, who executed a much more welcomed Lambeau Leap after draining his game-winning kick Sunday from 45 yards. It's unclear how the fan returned to his seat.

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Our nemesis (49ers) seems to be down this year too. I like our chances of getting out of the conference tbh. 

Me too. I have us as the favorites to get out of the nfc personally. 

The Hutchinson injury is so significant. I’m not in on Detroit being able to stop us . 

SF might not make the playoffs .

30 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Me too. I have us as the favorites to get out of the nfc personally. 

The Hutchinson injury is so significant. I’m not in on Detroit being able to stop us . 

SF might not make the playoffs .

I don't know if we or anyone else can stop the Lions offense.

I thought the Vikes were smoke and mirrors, but it now looks like they are here to stay.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

I was a little irked when I read something saying the fan who blocked the Mixon Lambeau leap was ejected from the game.  Then I saw this...

He probably wasn't.  He probably just had to pee.  I imagine that an usher also talked to him to make sure he wasn't instigating a fight with the Texans fan or any of the players.  

I have made my stance on Mixon pretty clear.  But looking at his face in the photo, he seems to think it is kind of funny.  

• Like 1

Rando thoughts. 

I heard some chowder call in to a post game show last night and complain that “we gave up on the run”.  

We had 3 3-and-outs in the 2nd half and 2 of them started with runs and the third was a swing pass to Jacobs (called back due to Doubs penalty).  The real problem was our 3rd and short offense. 

Stupid end around to Reed and then a bad sack. 3rd and 3 or less should be a lot easier than we made it this game.  Love’s first pick was 3rd and 3 as well. “We have to get that cleaned up”. 

I really thought the TD to Kraft was picked when I saw it live.  I was wondering why Packers were celebrating and I realized Kraft had caught it.  Insane catch. 

Why are more people not clamoring for Wilson to start over Quay after this game?  Did he do that poorly against the run?  

• Like 1

What i find funny is how in the last couple pages most folks that comp AR to Love seem to forget of the AR from earlier in his career when he tossed it all over the place, had come backs but often would drive down and score and such only to be let down by the D.

Not making this about AR vs Love but they are different dudes and also a comp should be comparable not Love in year 2 vs AR in year 18 it's not fair to either to be honest and is a poor comp. If we want to hold Love to AR's lofty standard set for his entire career look back at year 2 for AR. The league has changed sure but it's a more true comp to before AR became the monster so many hate and love.

Just my thoughts on the last couple pages and the comp thin. 

35 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

He probably wasn't.  He probably just had to pee.  I imagine that an usher also talked to him to make sure he wasn't instigating a fight with the Texans fan or any of the players. 

My assumption is that they went through the motions of "ejecting" him, but then turned a blind eye to him returning to his seat.

Police officers arrived in the corner end zone section to eject the fan soon after. The fan was ejected for “excessive” force, violating the team’s code of fan conduct, per the team.

But the same fan appeared to have returned to his seat by game's end. 

37 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Why are more people not clamoring for Wilson to start over Quay after this game?  Did he do that poorly against the run?  

I thought the Texans running game picked up after Quay went out. Wilson may be deserving of more playing time, but not necessarily at Walker's expense. PFF gave Cooper the poorest run defense grade among the LB's. I think Packers have pretty decent depth at the position.