James Harrison is a Patriot

gopherwrestler

Personal opinion- but I'm very confused as to why we have Steelers fans upset with Harrison. He wanted to play, and there wasn't a spot for him at Pittsburgh. He's still fit, he still wants to play, so New England gave him a chance and he took it. He gave you guys how many, like 15 years of solid play? I understand it sucks he went to the Patriots since they're a rival this year to you guys, but if you wanted to keep him you should have put the man on the field!! You can't expect him to want to stay if you're not going to play him, he's a former pro bowler, all 1st team NFL, and former NFL defensive player of the year, he has too much pride to end his career just sitting on the bench. 

Just my opinion, no reason to be upset with him! If anybody, be upset with the coaching staff. Maybe I would feel differently if it was a guy on my team, but I'm not seeing it right now

2 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

Personal opinion- but I'm very confused as to why we have Steelers fans upset with Harrison. He wanted to play, and there wasn't a spot for him at Pittsburgh. He's still fit, he still wants to play, so New England gave him a chance and he took it. He gave you guys how many, like 15 years of solid play? I understand it sucks he went to the Patriots since they're a rival this year to you guys, but if you wanted to keep him you should have put the man on the field!! You can't expect him to want to stay if you're not going to play him, he's a former pro bowler, all 1st team NFL, and former NFL defensive player of the year, he has too much pride to end his career just sitting on the bench. 

Just my opinion, no reason to be upset with him! If anybody, be upset with the coaching staff. Maybe I would feel differently if it was a guy on my team, but I'm not seeing it right now

I'm just going to assume it's because of who he's gone to. 

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm just going to assume it's because of who he's gone to. 

My reason was I thought they released him because they thought he was the least valuable player that was considered to be released. To me that was bad judgement to say the least and I still think he can play . To find out he wanted to be released, who can blame him.  Once again though , the FO let this go on until now. He should have had more snaps when healthy, but that is the coach's decision. 

I expect BB to utilize Harrison's abilities as a stand up DE . Think of it, Harrison has a good history vs chiefs and ravens, and I am sure he know the steelers too. BB won't waste Harrison like tomlin did this year. I would expect maybe 50% of the snaps, with more in the 2nd half of the game. Not much coverage either, more like a 4-3 DE but standing up. If Harrison had his best games vs the ravens due to a chip on his shoulder, I'm expecting similar chip vs steelers but wait and see if he plays enough to have a chance to impact the game.

43 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

My reason was I thought they released him because they thought he was the least valuable player that was considered to be released. To me that was bad judgement to say the least and I still think he can play . To find out he wanted to be released, who can blame him.  Once again though , the FO let this go on until now. He should have had more snaps when healthy, but that is the coach's decision. 

I expect BB to utilize Harrison's abilities as a stand up DE . Think of it, Harrison has a good history vs chiefs and ravens, and I am sure he know the steelers too. BB won't waste Harrison like tomlin did this year. I would expect maybe 50% of the snaps, with more in the 2nd half of the game. Not much coverage either, more like a 4-3 DE but standing up. If Harrison had his best games vs the ravens due to a chip on his shoulder, I'm expecting similar chip vs steelers but wait and see if he plays enough to have a chance to impact the game.

50% would be good, as that means he'd be doing a well enough job. Currently, I expect him to spell Flowers at Right End (both in ground and stand up). So maybe circa 25% of snaps. If he's used as a LE though, like we used Ninkovic in some fashion, he could see a lot of the game. We need help on that side badly, setting an edge specifically. 

On 12/26/2017 at 4:59 PM, cddolphin said:

And he CHOSE to go to NE, much like LeBron CHOSE to cop out by joining a team with two all-stars.

except Harrison wanted to stay with the Steelers and they abandoned him. If somewhere I was loyal to for years decided to cut me, you bet your behind I'd feel slighted and would try to tear them down. It's not even close to the same thing Bron did.

I have no problem with any of the parties in this case.

The Steelers had no use for Harrison anymore. His effectiveness has run its course.

Harrison signing with the Patriots makes sense and he was 1000% free to do so. If the Steelers are hurt by this, then they could have kept him. Steelers fans that are butthurt about this make me want to vomit.

9 hours ago, SkolMasterMN said:

It's called being a butthurt little baby. Lol there is zero reason to be mad at Harrison for going to the Patriots. I freaking hate Harrison and the Steelers, but this move is fine by both parties IMO. Fine to cut Harrison, fine for him to sign with NE. Besides, are Steelers fans really worried that he's going to do damage against them? His days of making impact plays are over.

26 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

And all the weights he can lift. 

That must be what caused the whole thing. Harrison was using all the plates in the facility doing the hip thrusts. Bill has a hit thrust station with its own 45s 

Just wait, by next year he will be able to pelvic thrust a Buick up. 

5 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

It's called being a butthurt little baby. Lol there is zero reason to be mad at Harrison for going to the Patriots. I freaking hate Harrison and the Steelers, but this move is fine by both parties IMO. Fine to cut Harrison, fine for him to sign with NE. Besides, are Steelers fans really worried that he's going to do damage against them? His days of making impact plays are over.

In the limited time he played, the sack was at a crucial time vs eric fisher, so I would lean towards him not getting enough snaps before I would speak the bold text above.  He isn't 2008 JH, but I still saw him move LT's around and he has a tendency to make plays at the right time, some players just have that and it can't be coached IMO.

Are we worried he will be a problem when we play the pats? I would say so for a few reasons:

1. he isn't washed up as a player on the line vs pass or run. His liability would be for man coverage, those days are gone.

2. His motivation should be comparable (possible more) to when we played the ravens, and everyone knows how he played them

3. our LT is really tall and this has shown to be an advantage wrt leverage for Harrison

4. BB will find ways to maximize the abilities of JH

5. The secondary for the pats could be better than the steelers which also helps the passrushers

6. If Brady and the offence get their game going, that just adds to all of the above IMO, a good offence will always help.

This really is a shame how it has turned out. However, if JH doesn't do much then all this was trivial and an example of social media being a temporary distraction. Tomlin screwed Harrison over and will JH return the favour in the title game if we meet? That is what most watching this story are waiting for. If he dares to try and return a INT for 100 yards, Bryant can catch him I am sure O.o

Archived