James Harrison is a Patriot

gopherwrestler

and we thought he was always having his best games vs ravens . I am not expecting him to go easy vs the steelers and hope it doesn't turn out like many ravens games have. The part I don't like is he has a better coach now so even if he has lost a step , the scheme and better coverage could allow this move by our FO to be the downfall for the 2017 season. 

1 hour ago, PatriotsWin! said:

He signed for only $59,000 O.o

Pro-rated veteran minimum for one regular season week, I assume.. of course NFL players get a paycheck for playoff games as well (since their salaries are regular-season only), although they are for a minimal amount.

playoff cash comes directly from the league, not the individual teams

Here's the current rates:

Wild-Card Round—Division Winner: $25,000
Wild-Card Team: $23,000
Divisional Round: $25,000
Conference Championship: $46,000
Super Bowl Winner: $102,000
Super Bowl Loser: $51,000

21 hours ago, cddolphin said:

No. Harrison owes Steelers fans for their support through the years. He's made over $43 million during his career. How dare he try to make more by going to their rival.

i thought this was sarcasm for a second and then i realized this wasnt

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

playoff cash comes directly from the league, not the individual teams

Here's the current rates:

Wild-Card Round—Division Winner: $25,000
Wild-Card Team: $23,000
Divisional Round: $25,000
Conference Championship: $46,000
Super Bowl Winner: $102,000
Super Bowl Loser: $51,000

Beat me to it.  The $59k is for one week.  Whether he even plays or not.  

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Isnt it possible that he wanted to just sign with the best team to prove to Pitt they made a mistake

I would say so. If he wanted more $ like most athletes, he would have waited for the best deal.  If winning is important, then why wouldn't a player sign with the champs? I didn't expect him to sign with cleveland so he could play the steelers for sure and also since he is from ohio 9_9

22 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I would say so. If he wanted more $ like most athletes, he would have waited for the best deal.  If winning is important, then why wouldn't a player sign with the champs? I didn't expect him to sign with cleveland so he could play the steelers for sure and also since he is from ohio 9_9

Eh.  Not a lot of suitors.  Most teams have no reason to bring him in as their seasons are over.  Further, a 39-yo with 3 tackles and 1 sack isn't exactly the most compelling signing for a lot of the remaining contenders.

Archived