2017 Packers Training Camp General Discussion

CWood21

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Highlights of practice...Fackrell apparently won his first 1-on-1 in 2 years, and Spriggs is getting dominated by our No. 6 and 7 OLBs. Good stuff.

You're the living def of half empty lol

That Fackrell thing almost seems impossible too.

39 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

Cut the bum now! Third round pick that is terrible!

They don't cut EDGE players who can't cut it outside on this team- they move them to ILB.  Fackrell's got a skillset that might actually work pretty well there; he's decent in coverage and likes dropping.

43 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Stanback is a god among men but really 1-24... HOW and how did I not know this

Yeah I don't pay attention, but usually guys are 50-50 right or slightly one way or the other, this might be one of TT's worst picks. With Biegel hurt too, that is some terrible back up pass rushers. I hope Gilbert steps up.

It's reaching panic level concern for EDGE now.  I'd be willing to eat all the crow that comes with it if we just signed Ware right now.  Anybody.  Anybody at all.  Trade for James Harrison, did Erik Walden sign anywhere?  I don't want to live in a world where Fackrell, Biegel, Elliot and Gilbert are our EDGE depth. 

38 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It's reaching panic level concern for EDGE now.  I'd be willing to eat all the crow that comes with it if we just signed Ware right now.  Anybody.  Anybody at all.  Trade for James Harrison, did Erik Walden sign anywhere?  I don't want to live in a world where Fackrell, Biegel, Elliot and Gilbert are our EDGE depth. 

Walden did sign with the Titans. 

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You're just being greedy. We can't have 5 all-pros at every position....

5 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

You're the living def of half empty lol

That Fackrell thing almost seems impossible too.

I can't help myself. In all fairness to Fackrell, I thought he played pretty well against Philly, albeit against 2nd string. I'm pulling for him. Just wish he was fighting for OLB spot No. 4, not No. 3. No one can convince me we are deep enough at OLB. 

Spriggs really scares me at this point. I was hoping he'd be ready to be a badass in year 2. All I keep hearing is bad things and he was terrible against Philly. Made Barnett look like Von Miller. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I can't help myself. In all fairness to Fackrell, I thought he played pretty well against Philly, albeit against 2nd string. I'm pulling for him. Just wish he was fighting for OLB spot No. 4, not No. 3. No one can convince me we are deep enough at OLB. 

Spriggs really scares me at this point. I was hoping he'd be ready to be a badass in year 2. All I keep hearing is bad things and he was terrible against Philly. Made Barnett look like Von Miller. 

I thought Fackrell was fine in his limited opportunities last season and against Philly.

Spriggs has to be the disappointment of camp.  I really thought he would be much improved.  

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

You're just being greedy. We can't have 5 all-pros at every position....

I do think the NFL has reached a point where the 3rd pass rusher is something you invest in almost as a starter, you want 3 good ones. You are gonna need him to contribute on game day and injuries happen. I am finding spending a third round pick on him, but man he has not progressed at all and A LOT of people where very meh at the pick when it happened.

Archived