2017 Packers Training Camp General Discussion

CWood21

I think you might be leaping to conclusions here Delta

What it likely means is that Biegel needs as much time as possible for his foot to heal AND that with only a 5 day turnaround between game 3 and game 4, the Packers would rather wait. He'll get some snaps in game 4 and have a full 10 day recovery time before the season opener.

I can relay this little nugget...it comes from my father.  Biegel's grandfather is my dad's real estate agent.  They each coached a lot of high school football, so those two can talk football all day long.

Anyway...from granddad...GB's timeframe was/is for Biegel to get on the field for the last pre-season game.  Biegel's own timeframe was to get on the field in the third AND fourth game.  From what I was told, Biegel is running during practice and taking "mental" reps...  His foot has healed nicely, but there is/was scar tissue and that is what is keeping him out.

As Shanedorf explains above...there is quick turnaround between the last two pre-season games.  Not good for a healing foot.  There is a nice long break from the last pre-season game to the opener.

Here's to hoping that we see him in game four!

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

What it likely means is that Biegel needs as much time as possible for his foot to heal AND that with only a 5 day turnaround between game 3 and game 4, the Packers would rather wait. He'll get some snaps in game 4 and have a full 10 day recovery time before the season opener.

You think so, that would be awesome! We need something after Clay and Perry, anything!!

1 hour ago, BlondeonBlonde said:

It's disappointing news about Biegel, however the longer they let that injury heal the better the long-term prognosis is.  Not a bad idea to stash him on the PUP. Surely there will be open roster spots after the PackIRs play 6 games. 

It sucks that the pass rush might suffer, but I they wait and make sure he is good to go then rush him back and risk re injury etc. Just could have sworn all initial reports were that he was going to be back by pre-season easily.

1 hour ago, PackyAttacky said:

It sucks that the pass rush might suffer, but I they wait and make sure he is good to go then rush him back and risk re injury etc. Just could have sworn all initial reports were that he was going to be back by pre-season easily.

Just sucks that he heals like he's 75 years old. Lol.

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I will fall out of chair in shock if Biegel even puts on his helmet before Week 7-8 this season. At this point, is he even going to matter the first 4-5 weeks of the season without seeing any action thus far? Not like he's a veteran. Just PUP the guy and get someone in there who can rush the QB.

Archived