2017 Packers Training Camp General Discussion

CWood21

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

That's like placing a $1000 bet that pays $1 if you win and cost you $100,000 if you lose.

You're right but I don't like that mentality. I think Rodgers is playing regardless of Bulagas status this week.

29 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

1 or 2 series won't hurt, just don't keep him in for more than a Quarter. Rodgers can get the ball out quick, so I'm not too worried with Bulaga out as long as he doesn't stay in for more than a Quarter.

I just don't see a reason to play him. He doesnt need it. At best let him hand the ball off three times so he can run around a bit, then get him out. Rodgers is ready to play against Seattle today.

Also, haven't said this since I was around for the gunslinger's drive, but he looks sharp. Different than in years past. He's made plays and done great things and we've hung 30+ points on teams in other preseason games, but he truly looks dialed in, in midseason form. In fact, the entire offense did. And that's the beauty of the West Coast system under Mac. Rodgers needs to take what's available to him, because when he does, this group will be near impossible to stop.

The continuity from 2016 to 2017, coupled with the additions of Bennett and Kendricks, might facilitate Rodgers' most lethal season yet. 

Sup everyone

Norm where you at dog? 

Ready for another slow starting season full of injuries at key positions, a final week playoff clincher and a terrible defensive performance to eliminate us from the playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, CentralFC said:

Also, haven't said this since I was around for the gunslinger's drive, but he looks sharp. Different than in years past. He's made plays and done great things and we've hung 30+ points on teams in other preseason games, but he truly looks dialed in, in midseason form. In fact, the entire offense did. And that's the beauty of the West Coast system under Mac. Rodgers needs to take what's available to him, because when he does, this group will be near impossible to stop.

The continuity from 2016 to 2017, coupled with the additions of Bennett and Kendricks, might facilitate Rodgers' most lethal season yet. 

Oh man, dont tell anyone I am salivating, this is going to be an awesome season!

6 minutes ago, FireMM said:

Sup everyone

Norm where you at dog? 

Ready for another slow starting season full of injuries at key positions, a final week playoff clincher and a terrible defensive performance to eliminate us from the playoffs. 

Hey! Awesome. First troll on the new FF.

31 minutes ago, FireMM said:

Sup everyone

Norm where you at dog? 

Let me guess you're not a fan of Mike McCarthy?

From his presser today:

"I go back to the Super Bowl year, it took 77 players to win that Super Bowl. You don’t win in this league with 53 players. We always talk about the 63 because it’s the 53 plus the 10 practice squad players and then you’re probably going to be another 10 or 15 above that at the end of the ride. So the opportunity to continue coaching players a week longer is a benefit for everybody. It’s a benefit for the player, it’s a benefit for the club, it definitely makes your team better." 

— coach Mike McCarthy

Archived