2017 Packers Training Camp General Discussion

CWood21

King is a little wet behind the ears, but still an upgrade over Gunter. Week 2 will be a big test for this revamped secondary and our offense is going to have to control the clock; Atlanta just has too many weapons. I think King can cover Sanu in that game, but we're going to have to be very aggressive with Julio. I think that'll be a litmus test as to whether or not House can hold down his CB1 spot at least for the time being. The good news is that Cincy is going through a bit of turnover at WR outside of AJ Green and John Ross is going to have to take some time to get it together. Then you're looking at run-heavy teams and a N.O. team that's going through some WR turnover themselves and then the Bye week. I think we can easily go 7-1 in that time span while the CB position sorts itself out. It's nice knowing that our Safety corps is both deep and solid...

I agree @Joe, and great thoughts in general. Welcome to the forum.

King shouldn't see the field until the staff is 100 percent confident in him. Missing an offseason doesn't inspire confidence in the small things. And when you start losing sight of technique and getting roasted as a result, confidence takes a shot.

Be careful with him. I think 2016 was a lesson. Give Rollins, Randall, Gunter, and House every chance to earn boundary snaps. Rotate Rollins and Randall in the slot role. And bring Hawkins in in the dime package, and focus King on a finite role. 15-20 snaps a game in the first quarter of the year, 25-35 by the midpoint, and then hopefully a more serious role when December rolls around. 

Use our depth to our advantage, take a few lumps in the process, and give King a shot to learn at his own pace. We'll be better for it when the postseason comes around and King's forced into the national spotlight.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Are we sure House is okay? Been about 3 weeks now with the hammy and I'm starting to get worried he's going to be "questionable" for Week 1. 

Hard to say .. my guess was that they were just being careful with him.  He was never the most reliable guy when he was with us before .. just about the time you thought he was having a breakthru he'd get dinged and miss some time.  We really need the guy to shake off the injury bug and turn in a good performance this season.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

My speculation is Mohs surgery, done by dermatologists to remove skin cells that are suspicious for carcinoma or confirmed as carcinoma

Given the location on his face, its just below where sunglasses provide protection

I was just gonna speculate that he got hit in the face with a football while wearing glasses, and the nose piece cut him.

Can we just facking cut Fackrell?  It's embarrassing at this point.  I said it before 90% joking, but it's not funny anymore because it's like the dude is too damn nice to be a pass rusher.  I swear watching him on the field and in interviews he seems like the type of guy to apologize to and hug the QB after a sack.  I have never in my life disliked a Packer as much as I dislike Fackrell.  Ever.  It's not in my nature to dislike a Packer, and yet I want Fackrell just gone and off our roster forever. 

If Bulaga is hurt bad (i.e. season or even multiple weeks of season) TT better get Albert in here or get on the phone and get a tackle. If he starts Spriggs or Murphy at RT Week 1, I'd have him committed at the nearest psych institution. 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Can we just facking cut Fackrell?  It's embarrassing at this point.  I said it before 90% joking, but it's not funny anymore because it's like the dude is too damn nice to be a pass rusher.  I swear watching him on the field and in interviews he seems like the type of guy to apologize to and hug the QB after a sack.  I have never in my life disliked a Packer as much as I dislike Fackrell.  Ever.  It's not in my nature to dislike a Packer, and yet I want Fackrell just gone and off our roster forever. 

That would require TT admitting it was a busted draft pick in the first place. Better luck drawing blood from a stone. Same reason why Fackrell is going to be OLB No. 3 regardless of how he plays. He's a Ted guy. 

10 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

What happened to draft and develop?  You advocate it for some players but not for others.

Just now, packfanfb said:

That would require TT admitting it was a busted draft pick in the first place. Better luck drawing blood from a stone. Same reason why Fackrell is going to be OLB No. 3 regardless of how he plays. He's a Ted guy. 

That's not historically true.  He gave up on David Clowney, a rookie 5th round pick, before the season even started.  If he can give up on a fifth round rookie before the season starts, he can give up on a 3rd round pass rusher who can't beat a 1 on 1.  At the very least he needs to be moved to ILB because I can't stand watching him try to rush the passer.  It's like he gets touched by an offensive lineman and he's like, "Welp, can't get through this guy." 

Just now, squire12 said:

What happened to draft and develop?  You advocate it for some players but not for others.

I'm not being 100% serious and this is only because I can't stand Fackrell.  I couldn't stand him especially BECAUSE we're a draft and develop team.  Since Fackrell turned 25 years old during the season last year, it meant he had to be ready EARLY in order for the pick to pay off.  So what happened to draft and develop?  Kyler Facking Fackrell happened to it.  Jeff Janis has been in the NFL two years longer than Fackrell and he's a year older. 

There are plenty of dumb things I say that you can call me out on.  Try to use your "Aha!  Got you!" moments for when they make sense and are legitimate.  This one was not.

Archived