2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

3 hours ago, K-Ro 25 said:

Wouldn't let me go to the old forum to see my old mock of Watson, Budda, Kamara 1-2-3 but I found this from April. 

hGpsieZ.png

That's a great list of players! I'm not sure we were really in position to land any of them Kamara was the closest player to one of our picks but the Saints traded up.

Thinking of draft day scenarios. It's been reported that John Dorsey said stay away from Josh Rosen. So, I'm thinking if the Browns go QB with the first pick, it will be either Mayfield, Allen, or Darnold. There are reports that say Dorsey will go with Allen as he is supposedly the ideal Dorsey QB. Dorsey also said the Browns haven't been drafting real football player which leads me to believe he wants someone like Mayfield. 

Is it possible for the Browns to go either Allen or Mayfield then the Giants go Darnold? The Giants can also go Rosen but Darnold seems like a Giants type QB. If the Jets don't land Cousins, there's a decent chance Rosen or maybe Darnold will be available in a trade up with either the Colts or Browns.

I'm not too optimistic with COusins as I think he will either stay in Washington or land in Denver. But I am optimistic that we will land one of the top 3 QBs. 

6 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Thinking of draft day scenarios. It's been reported that John Dorsey said stay away from Josh Rosen. So, I'm thinking if the Browns go QB with the first pick, it will be either Mayfield, Allen, or Darnold. There are reports that say Dorsey will go with Allen as he is supposedly the ideal Dorsey QB. Dorsey also said the Browns haven't been drafting real football player which leads me to believe he wants someone like Mayfield. 

Is it possible for the Browns to go either Allen or Mayfield then the Giants go Darnold? The Giants can also go Rosen but Darnold seems like a Giants type QB. If the Jets don't land Cousins, there's a decent chance Rosen or maybe Darnold will be available in a trade up with either the Colts or Browns.

I'm not too optimistic with COusins as I think he will either stay in Washington or land in Denver. But I am optimistic that we will land one of the top 3 QBs. 

Darnold is def more Giants than Rosen and Rosen would typically be more of a Jets fit but the anti-Trump will throw Woody off but I’m not sure about my owner Christoper Johnson. 

I think the Browns will pick Allen as the smokescreen is unnecessary since they’re #1 and can’t risk picking a guy who doesn’t wanna be there(Rosen, Darnold)

Elway will do everything he can to get Cousins IMO. 

Jets could walk away with Rosen/Darnold potentially, that #4 Cleveland pick is tricky because it’s the prime spot for a team to jump us(Cardinals, Bills, Redskins)

We really have to trade up IMO.

13 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Darnold is def more Giants than Rosen and Rosen would typically be more of a Jets fit but the anti-Trump will throw Woody off but I’m not sure about my owner Christoper Johnson. 

I think the Browns will pick Allen as the smokescreen is unnecessary since they’re #1 and can’t risk picking a guy who doesn’t wanna be there(Rosen, Darnold)

Elway will do everything he can to get Cousins IMO. 

Jets could walk away with Rosen/Darnold potentially, that #4 Cleveland pick is tricky because it’s the prime spot for a team to jump us(Cardinals, Bills, Redskins)

We really have to trade up IMO.

That's what I'm thinking. Allen > Darnold > Chubb > Jets trade up for Rosen. Because the Browns know we would be going QB, they know they will either get Barkley or Fitzpatrick. 

Just now, SDotNova said:

That's what I'm thinking. Allen > Darnold > Chubb > Jets trade up for Rosen. Because the Browns know we would be going QB, they know they will either get Barkley or Fitzpatrick. 

Yup, they can easily entice us into the trade up and still get their guy. Macc almost has to do it because of the threat of another team unless he’s comfortable with what we have at QB come April.

I'm not against trading up for Rosen. Especially now that there is a rumor about Jackson and Darnold may not come out. It would come down to Baker, Rosen, and Allen. if we lose out on Cousins, we'll have to trade up anyway. We'll have potentially $100M in cap space after cuts and the rest of the picks to plug in talent around the QB position. 

I don't think Darnold is going to come out this year. I see the draft going:

1) Allen

2) Rosen

3) Chubb

4) Team trades up for Mayfield or Browns select Barkley

Who that team is that trades up will depend on If the Jets or Broncos get Cousins. I don't think Elway trades up to Mayfield. My guess is that the Bills, Jets, Redskins, and Cardinals will all be in play for trading up if Cousins goes to Denver.

44 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I don't think Darnold is going to come out this year. I see the draft going:

1) Allen

2) Rosen

3) Chubb

4) Team trades up for Mayfield or Browns select Barkley

Who that team is that trades up will depend on If the Jets or Broncos get Cousins. I don't think Elway trades up to Mayfield. My guess is that the Bills, Jets, Redskins, and Cardinals will all be in play for trading up if Cousins goes to Denver.

I agree with this in general. Except I can see the Giants listening to either us or Denver for the 2nd pick (whichever one of us doesn’t get Cousins). I’d be ok with trading up for Rosen but he’s it. I don’t see Allen, Darnold or Mayfield worthy of a trade up. I also think Darnold stays at USC.

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

If Josh freaking Allen goes #1 overall...Browns deserve to not be a franchise again.

He's rumored to be Dorsey's top QB. For the sake of all things Jets, let's hope those rumors are true. I can't imagine a team picking 1st will be throwing smoke. 

32 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

He's rumored to be Dorsey's top QB. For the sake of all things Jets, let's hope those rumors are true. I can't imagine a team picking 1st will be throwing smoke. 

Thing is though... they don't have to say they're choosing him at 1 and keep people guessing. They might be eye balling in at 4. It'd be stupid of them to not at least gage interest on a trade up. I think bc they are starving for a QB they will probably stay put and take one at 1. But they don't have to say that in the media. I don't expect them to really give much inclination as to who they're picking until the day before the draft like it normally happens.

Archived