(for)Everson a Viking

SemperFeist

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

do we know anything about his injury, like what it even is, and whether he's back for the STL game?

Zimmer: He couldn't push off at full speed. The smart, prudent thing to do was to not play him because we didn't want to lose him for more than one week."

I have no confidence in seeing Griffen play in the next 3-4 weeks. The Vikings under Zimmer have a history of severely understating injuries.

Given the limited information, I also wouldn't be surprised to see Griffen playing next week.

While it is nice to know, I don't think it is a bad thing that the Vikings keep the info under wraps.

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

I have no confidence in seeing Griffen play in the next 3-4 weeks. The Vikings under Zimmer have a history of severely understating injuries.

Given the limited information, I also wouldn't be surprised to see Griffen playing next week.

While it is nice to know, I don't think it is a bad thing that the Vikings keep the info under wraps.

It was reported that it was actually Griffen himself that made the call to not play.  He could have played if he had truly been needed to play, but he wanted to give it an additional week...which is especially important considering they have 2 games in the next 10 days.  

Griffen: “It’s not about sacks. It’s not about tackles. It’s not about making the Pro Bowl, It’s about beating the Atlanta Falcons and getting to the big prize. We’ve got to get battle tested, we’ve got to be able to be disciplined, do our job and play together. We’re all in right now with what’s at hand and that’s the Atlanta Falcons. They’re playing well. They’re clicking on all cylinders. Our goal is to stop the run, affect Matt Ryan and get back there and win the game. "

"I’m able to lock in for four quarters and do my job. In the past, I used to get distracted. Now, I can get dialed in and see what the tackle’s giving me, see his set and I’m really able to break him down during the course of a game and win the battle when it’s time to win. I resolved my personal issues, it’s been a long road, maturing more and more and talking to the right people and getting my mind right and learning how to get the job done. I knew I always had the potential to take over games and help my team win. But I was my biggest enemy. I was holding myself back. Now I’m not holding myself back anymore.”

“It’s fun because that’s who I am. I’ve finally figured out who I am as a person — a fun, lovable guy who can make people laugh. A leader. I see it. I can lead this team and I’m going to keep on doing it.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/01/vikings-everson-griffen-likes-to-talk-he-likes-winning-and-being-a-dad-even-more/

Archived