The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

I think Porter by a 8-4ish type of decision. Though Garcia fares much better against guys who just come at him, he simply doesn't throw enough to match Porter's activity nor do I think he hits hard enough to keep Porter at bay. Brook/Thurman were able to get Porter's respect and that made him a bit hesitant in spots. Can Garcia do that? I have a hard time seeing him being able to do so. Really good fight though. Winner vs Spence please.

So PBC and FOX just agreed to a big deal. Hopefully that means increased activity for Haymon fighters.

How did you guys score the Porter/Garcia fight? I thought Garcia edged it. Am I crazy? Just seemed like he was landing the cleaner shots in more of the rounds. But Porter was his usual active self and did what he always does and made the fight rough and dirty in spots. 

So we are getting Spence vs Porter next and not Spence vs M. Garcia?

11 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How did you guys score the Porter/Garcia fight? I thought Garcia edged it. Am I crazy? Just seemed like he was landing the cleaner shots in more of the rounds. But Porter was his usual active self and did what he always does and made the fight rough and dirty in spots. 

So we are getting Spence vs Porter next and not Spence vs M. Garcia?

I had it 6-6.

I'd like to see Spence/Garcia, and Porter/ Thurman. 

31 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I had it 6-6.

I'd like to see Spence/Garcia, and Porter/ Thurman. 

I think it makes sense to do the Spence/Porter fight since it will be a unification bout. Thurman wants a tune up first so let him get that and then he can fight someone like Garcia. 

Spence went off on Crawford and Arum yesterday. I love it, keep talking that crap and build the fight into a PPV showdow. 

Here is the video: 

2 hours ago, RaiderX said:

Ramirez vs Orozco was quite a scrap. Now onto the big rematch.

I was there. Incredible fight and incredible atmosphere. Don't know the details, but another fight broke out in the audience around the 5th round. :D Ramirez looks like he's taken a step forward under Robert Garcia's tutelage.

10 hours ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

I was there. Incredible fight and incredible atmosphere. Don't know the details, but another fight broke out in the audience around the 5th round. :D Ramirez looks like he's taken a step forward under Robert Garcia's tutelage.

Yea, the crowd started roaring and starting looking to their left. I figured a big fight broke out. Either way, awesome fight. Orozco is a tough SOB