Dom Capers will not return next year

jiggad369

It’s.About.Time.

My god this is some of the best news this franchise has received in god knows how long. It’s finally over, it’s finally over .

Whoever is our DC, he’ll have a lot of young talent to work with. Talent wise,  I think we’re basically an edge rusher and a vet CB away.

24 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

There is so much excitement right now. 

Will we be 4-3 or 3-4 (however you want to explain this).

If it's Fangio, OMG, I'd be in heaven.  If it's literally anybody that's not currently on our staff I might cry tears of joy.

I think we’d have a lot of the pieces already to have a very good 4-3.

Perry, Daniels, Clark and a high draft pick on the line.

Clay, Martinez and idk maybe Josh Jones ( if possible ) as the LBs

8 hours ago, cannondale said:

Never want to see someone fired, but Capers is a fool not to have about 50 million in the bank so I don't feel bad at all

I do feel bad for Capers on a personal level but it is time for a change.  The defense has held us back since the SB.  I won't care if someone is promoted from within because perhaps that guy might have his own ideas/scheme he'd like to run.  But someone from outside of the organization could bring new life to this unit going forward.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is an example of the unfortunate realities of life in the NFL. The move had to be made, but it seems wrong to celebrate something like this.

I don't see a lot of celebrating here.  Most of us feel for Capers personally but are happy the change will be made.

Edit:  Well, I didn't see a lot of celebrating until the 3rd page of this thread...  ;)

Edited by Pugger

I'm not feeling bad for Dom Capers.  Any job in America, if you continue to fail by making the same mistakes regardless of the circumstances, you get fired.  If Thompson was giving him 3rd-7th round draft picks to work with for seven years, I'd feel a little bad for Capers.  Thompson has been giving him 1st-3rd round draft picks while he's been giving our offense 4th-7th round draft picks.  Our offense has continued to thrive (except for one bad year). 

I will not shed a tear for someone who at one point in his career made 2.6 million dollars as an assistant coach for the Dolphins.  I don't even want to know how much he has made to fail in Green Bay, so no, I will not feel bad for that.

If he was some low level scout making a living like anybody else doing what they love, I'd totally feel bad for them.  Dom Capers is a multi-millionaire, and he made multiple millions of dollars failing at his job. 

I am celebrating his firing like I always celebrate people no longer making millions of dollars to fail. 

15 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'm not feeling bad for Dom Capers.  Any job in America, if you continue to fail by making the same mistakes regardless of the circumstances, you get fired.  If Thompson was giving him 3rd-7th round draft picks to work with for seven years, I'd feel a little bad for Capers.  Thompson has been giving him 1st-3rd round draft picks while he's been giving our offense 4th-7th round draft picks.  Our offense has continued to thrive (except for one bad year). 

I will not shed a tear for someone who at one point in his career made 2.6 million dollars as an assistant coach for the Dolphins.  I don't even want to know how much he has made to fail in Green Bay, so no, I will not feel bad for that.

If he was some low level scout making a living like anybody else doing what they love, I'd totally feel bad for them.  Dom Capers is a multi-millionaire, and he made multiple millions of dollars failing at his job. 

I am celebrating his firing like I always celebrate people no longer making millions of dollars to fail. 

he has a family to feed

• Like 1

I can't say I'm feeling "bad" for Capers.  He was hired to do a job, he wasn't getting it done, and now it sounds like he's going to be replaced.  This is how it's supposed to work.  If anything, he was given far more slack than most.

Edited by Mazrimiv