Browns OC search

hornbybrown

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean we can be super negative, smarmy broads about it or face the fact he’s here next year and look for any possible silver lining.

Or pull the ripcord.

I was conflicted in the last 3-4 games because part of me wanted us to win to save face and part of me wanted us to lose to gain draft pick position.

It would be worse next season when more of me would want us to lose so that Huebris finally would lose.

More magic my behind.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Or pull the ripcord.

I was conflicted in the last 3-4 games because part of me wanted us to win to save face and part of me wanted us to lose to gain draft pick position.

It would be worse next season when more of me would want us to lose so that Huebris finally would lose.

More magic my behind.

Pull the ripcord on what?

Your old arse isn’t bailing any sooner than I am.

Have a drink and get ready for the 2018.

51 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So who’s it gonna be?

Based on how Hue and Dorsey were hired, I’m assuming it would happen relatively quickly.

Someone internal. Hue gets to make the call so he’ll hire one of his yes men. Either Al, Kirby or David lee. 

We need someone who will actually commit to the run game, and who installs more high percentage pass plays that get a man open quickly in space, more screens, and takes their deeper shots selectively. Hue seems incapable of tailoring his penchant for downfield passing to make younger QBs comfortable.

I do not believe we're going to get a decision on an OC until the HC positions around the league are filled.  If the Browns are seriously looking to add a quality OC, that person is likely going to be pursuing a HC job elsewhere first.

I am more interested in how long it is going to take before Dorsey tells Jimmy Truckstop, "Look, sir.  It will be a minimum security facility for what....24 months, tops?  I bet they won't even have the NFL Network there, so you won't even be subjected to watching our team.  I don't care what evidence he has on you, but I MUST fire Chris Tabor."

17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

kinda question on why he hasnt been an OC again since the 2011 season?

I don’t think he wanted the responsibility. He’s an older guy. I think he just wants to coach one position and set up an offense. But maybe he’s ready to do it again. 

Hilarious that yesterday our 3 biggest plays aside from Gordon’s catch setting up a TD were: 

A slant (Higgins seemed to be about the only player understanding he was interviewing for his own job next year)

A screen pass to Duke

A nice run after catch by Njoku on a hitch.

And here I thought you had to have plays with at least 3 vertical routes to hit big.

Archived