Coaches

DeSean Jackson

2 hours ago, Phire said:

Ugh please don't go to the Saltkings!

they have no qb under contract and are in no position to draft one. not really a place to go if your M.O. is qb guru. Don't think coaching there a year helps you more at getting a head coaching gig than coaching for doug another year. 

11 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

they have no qb under contract and are in no position to draft one. not really a place to go if your M.O. is qb guru. Don't think coaching there a year helps you more at getting a head coaching gig than coaching for doug another year. 

Then Howie trades Foles to the Vikings for a 1st and 4th

howie.gif?w=660

Kind of amazing that we're retaining Reich and Flip with what we just accomplished using a backup QB. 

Defense is a big part of the reason we had home field throughout playoffs, but our offensive execution in the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl is what carried us to our 1st ring.

7 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Even with Indy open I don't think we'll lose anyone. Who wants to go coach at a place you can't even choose your own defensive coordinator?

Flip probably wouldn't mind the help, didn't Lurie/Howie get in touch with Schwartz?

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Flip probably wouldn't mind the help, didn't Lurie/Howie get in touch with Schwartz?

Yeah I think they got Schwartz to help Doug a bit. I don't recall Doug having any say in hiring the DC, but then again, he already had a relationship with the organization and trusted them. 

Just now, Eagles $5$ said:

Haha yeah I know... wishful thinking. I really hope we only lose one though. Replacing both will be hard. 

I just edited my post right before you replied cause I realized you probably were just joking.

Will be interesting to see who we hire if one or both leave.

Wouldn't surprise me if we looked to the college ranks.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Will be interesting to see who we hire if one or both leave.

Looking at available guys

you got Jim Caldwell at 63 and two disappointing HC gigs he might be looking for a job like here.

Rob Chudzinski another guy who’s been around awhile and likely out in Indy.

Could look to promote an positional coach like Greg Knapp, who has experience and been around awhile to OC

Rick Dennison is an OL Coach now with the Jets after being an OC for awhile. Though if Flip and Reich left Duce better get the OC job over these types of guys.

Archived