Coaches

DeSean Jackson

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/12/18/here-are-12-potential-new-owners-of-the-carolina-panthers/#21b39020be16

The NFL has altered its ownership rules in recent years, but a single incoming owner must still control at least 30% of the equity of the team to satisfy league rules and debt limits are capped at $250 million. That means one person must write a check for a minimum of $600 million if they want to be the controlling owner.

Diddy ain't selling that much Ciroc?? 

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, Phire said:

Schwartz's Detroit days are REALLY weighing him down haha, good for us 

I'm a Lions fan and will be cheering for you guys on Sunday. I was wondering what was up with Schwartz. I don't believe I saw anything where he was even interviewed despite consistently leading solid D's.

The guy inherited a historic 0-16 team and began turning things around. He can be a fiery guy which led to an undisciplined team (which is one reason we picked Caldwell as his successor). I still don't think he's gotten a fair shake and likely has learned from his mistakes. I wouldn't mind seeing him get another shot at a HC job.

Good luck in the SB gents.

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm a Lions fan and will be cheering for you guys on Sunday. I was wondering what was up with Schwartz. I don't believe I saw anything where he was even interviewed despite consistently leading solid D's.

The guy inherited a historic 0-16 team and began turning things around. He can be a fiery guy which led to an undisciplined team (which is one reason we picked Caldwell as his successor). I still don't think he's gotten a fair shake and likely has learned from his mistakes. I wouldn't mind seeing him get another shot at a HC job.

It's hard to be critical of Schwartz since we're in the Super Bowl. I think he again inherited a mess from Chip Kelly who was clueless as to NFL defenses as well as Billy Davis who was equally as clueless as to NFL defenses despite being a defensive coordinator. He also had to transition the defense back to a 4 man front from a 3-4. He's done a good job putting guys in position to make plays. 

2 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

No, he's a super jerk and he leaves the toilet seat up. He has to stay in Philly. 

I don't think he's head coach material. Honestly, he may learn a few things from Doug but Schwartz always came off to me as a guy with impeccable defensive savvy but lacking everywhere else. Just because you are a football genius doesn't mean you're a leader of men. I imagine he'll get another shot sooner or later but I wouldn't be surprised if he's the next Jim Johnson/Monte Kiffin/D¡ck Lebeau. 

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

It's hard to be critical of Schwartz since we're in the Super Bowl. I think he again inherited a mess from Chip Kelly who was clueless as to NFL defenses as well as Billy Davis who was equally as clueless as to NFL defenses despite being a defensive coordinator. He also had to transition the defense back to a 4 man front from a 3-4. He's done a good job putting guys in position to make plays. 

Agreed. He's done a pretty solid job since he left Detroit as a DC - in Buffalo and in Philly.

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

No, he's a super jerk and he leaves the toilet seat up. He has to stay in Philly. 

I don't think he's head coach material. Honestly, he may learn a few things from Doug but Schwartz always came off to me as a guy with impeccable defensive savvy but lacking everywhere else. Just because you are a football genius doesn't mean you're a leader of men. I imagine he'll get another shot sooner or later but I wouldn't be surprised if he's the next Jim Johnson/Monte Kiffin/D¡ck Lebeau. 

You could be right but I think he'll take one other shot at it, assuming that he wants to be a HC. He has to have learned from his mistakes and has seen examples of what to do and not do firsthand.

Also - you could always just get one of those fancy Japanese toilets that closes the lid automatically.

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Cards

Jets

Patriots

Lions 

Colts 

Jets - promoted their QB coach Jeremy Bates

Cards - Mike McCoy

Lions- Bob Cooter staying 

Colts - McDaniels (Chudzinski probably staying)

Patriots ?  OC/DC

Vikings - trying to interview him. 

That would suck if DeFlip goes with BB, however I see him promoting from within. 

Archived