Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

Just now, Leader said:

Decline the request? I agree. I thought it interesting we'd asked them thats all.

Yeah.  I believe we blocked either one of our coaches or talent evaluators from the Lions a few years ago.  Nobody is going to let a talent evaluator/coach leave intra-division.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah.  I believe we blocked either one of our coaches or talent evaluators from the Lions a few years ago.  Nobody is going to let a talent evaluator/coach leave intra-division. 

Nagler -

Much like Thompson declined Lions request to interview Wolf a few years ago. Doesn't make sense to allow your guys a chance at helping a division rival.

28 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I think he's different than TT in that he won't have as strong of a scouting opinion.  So I assume/expect he will defer to his lieutenants more.  Which could mean that he could really go in any number of directions depending on the advice he's getting and the staff he assembles.

That’s a really good point. Not a bad thing either if true. Maybe it’s his name or his youth, but I really want Wolf

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Like others have said, I think it's only because they're still playing. If Patton was our guy, they'd have no choice after the season. Can't block HC or GM promotions.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Like others have said, I think it's only because they're still playing. If Patton was our guy, they'd have no choice after the season. Can't block HC or GM promotions.

It's sort of a deterrent.  Sure, they can't really block him but if they delay his interview until after the Vikings are eliminated, are the Packers really going to want to wait 2-3 weeks before they interview?

taken with a grain of salt here, but...

If this is how things are structured, I'd feel a bit better knowing that Gutekunst would be handling personnel considering his experience in that department. MCGinn's site requires a subscription(which I do not have) so I'm just going off these tweets

1 minute ago, Striker said:

Not sure how people feel about McGinn here, but he just posted an article (via his sources) stating that MM might leave if it's Ball up top. Also believes that Gutekunst would be the VP of Football of Operations.

what's the reasoning for Mac leaving if it's Ball?  Mac leaving is kind of lukewarm at this point.  I think the defense could really benefit from a Defensive hire at HC.

Finally a name I've been wanting to see on the Packers list of GM Candidates:

PFT's Mike Florio reports the Packers "are attempting to interview" Ravens assistant GM Eric DeCosta for their general-manager vacancy.

"Attempting to interview" are the key words, as DeCosta has been extremely difficult to pry away from Baltimore over the years. His name has long been linked to the top GM openings, but he has turned down numerous opportunities to remain in Baltimore as the eventual heir to Ozzie Newsome.

I think McGinn is posting the "most likely" scenario here and then if it doesn't happen he's just one of many wrong. 

LIS earlier, if Murphy is going into this decision already making up his mind before the interviews, that's a fireable offense to me. Especially if he's able to lure an outside guy like DeCosta into GB to interview.

7 minutes ago, Striker said:

Not sure how people feel about McGinn here, but he just posted an article (via his sources) stating that MM might leave if it's Ball up top. Also believes that Gutekunst would be the VP of Football of Operations.

McGinn is losing it. He also proposed that board of director ousted TT story that most people seem to think is false.

Archived