Ted Thompson to transition into a new role within the organization. GB will begin a search for a new GM.

marky mark

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yes and no .. DeCosta has turned down every inquiry from other NFL teams.  If he turns down the Packers it doesn't necessarily say anything more than that he is happy where he is in Baltimore.

Has DeCosta turned down other interviews or has it been the Ravens blocking him from doing so? 

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure it's wise to take all these rumors so seriously.  Just a day or two ago, Ball was the overwhelming favorite.  Now nobody wants to work with him?

:):):)  Heh heh, amen and agree and yes! 

Hard to believe many of these local media guys have any more insight into what MM or Aaron or Murphy think than you or I do.  (Which at least in my case isn't much....) 

So, as new dummy over here, I noticed "Shanedorf likes this" by your wise post.  Is there some easy way to "like" posts?  I'm not seeing it.  Or does it depend on what kind of device, or browser, I'm using or something?  

1 minute ago, craig said:

:):):)  Heh heh, amen and agree and yes! 

Hard to believe many of these local media guys have any more insight into what MM or Aaron or Murphy think than you or I do.  (Which at least in my case isn't much....) 

So, as new dummy over here, I noticed "Shanedorf likes this" by your wise post.  Is there some easy way to "like" posts?  I'm not seeing it.  Or does it depend on what kind of device, or browser, I'm using or something?  

Click the football icon at the bottom of the post

DeCosta is kind of an exception.  He can probably decide for himself which open GM spot he wants to accept when he decides the time is right.

That being said, if a guy like Whaley ends up being the highest profile external candidate to interview for the GB job, I will have to assume there was a general belief outside of GB that the job was always Ball's to lose.  This should be a very attractive opportunity for anyone in the league who is a hot GM 'candidate.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

New posters have to wait for that to be activated - give it a week or two (I asked the same question a day or two back).

4 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Click the football icon at the bottom of the post

Thanks, 1265.  Is the power to delete a post also something that gets activated after a while?  I'm not seeing a delete button either....

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

DeCosta is kind of an exception.  He can probably decide for himself which open GM spot he wants to accept when he decides the time is right.

That being said, if a guy like Whaley ends up being the highest profile external candidate to interview for the GB job, I will have to assume there was a general belief outside of GB that the job was always Ball's to lose.  This should be a very attractive opportunity for anyone in the league who is a hot GM 'candidate.

Many sources told Rapoport and Schefter it was a top 3 job in the league after Ted initially stepped down.

Complete football ops control, no owner intervention, Aaron Rodgers as your QB, this should be the mecca of GM jobs.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Many sources told Rapoport and Schefter it was a top 3 job in the league after Ted initially stepped down.

Complete football ops control, no owner intervention, Aaron Rodgers as your QB, this should be the mecca of GM jobs.

Not to mention he doesn't betray the ravens by going AFC to NFC.  Kind of like Dorsey to KC and McKenzie to OAK.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Is it though? Our franchise QB is 35. The new GM will be saddled with a HC for at least a year before he can even think about hiring someone new. The ghost of GM’s past could loom large with Thompson still in the building. Of course it’s a top GM job if for no other reason then it’s GB and the history of this team but there are some factors that could be a turn off. 

3 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Is it though? Our franchise QB is 35. The new GM will be saddled with a HC for at least a year before he can even think about hiring someone new. The ghost of GM’s past could loom large with Thompson still in the building. Of course it’s a top GM job if for no other reason then it’s GB and the history of this team but there are some factors that could be a turn off. 

I'm just going off what the talking heads are saying ... it's a primo gig.  I think DeCosta should interview for it ... it's not going to hurt his standing in Baltimore, and the guy can turn it down if it doesn't seem like the right 'fit'.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm just going off what the talking heads are saying ... it's a primo gig.  I think DeCosta should interview for it ... it's not going to hurt his standing in Baltimore, and the guy can turn it down if it doesn't seem like the right 'fit'.

Oh I definitely agree. Just kinda thinking out loud more then anything. 

Archived