What QB Do We Want Going Into 2018?

joru1000

If It's One or the Other, Which QB Do You Want Going in to 2018?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Case or Teddy?

3 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

On the initial surface ... that's pretty nice ... will see more details

If true, I hope it's front-loaded, because in case he sucks, I'd rather it have less of an impact 2 years from now.  

If it goes as it seems to be going and Cousins does become the starter...then what is the plan for the backup, as that is still going to be a pending question as well?  I personally don't feel they could ride with Sloter as the backup at this point.  So, is it draft a mid-round QB?  Or is it bring in a veteran backup?  

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think it’s safe to assume that the reports of Cousins getting a fully guaranteed contract are false. If Brees is only getting 52% guaranteed, no one is getting close to a fully guaranteed deal. 

Brees was never seriously entertaining offers from other teams.... so it might not be a presence for an open market Cousins contract.

Adam Schefter✔@AdamSchefter

When free agency opens Wednesday, former Vikings’ QB Case Keenum intends to sign with the Denver Broncos, sources tell ESPN.

A source with knowledge of the dynamics of the process guesses that Keenum’s deal will land in the range of $18 million to $20 million per year. Mike Klis of 9News.com says it’s expected to be a short-term deal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/13/so-what-is-case-keenum-getting-in-denver/

According to a team source, two factors solidified Denver’s pursuit of Keenum: The strong support of Broncos senior personnel adviser Gary Kubiak, and a player-friendly contract structure that is being pursued by Kirk Cousins. Kubiak gave Keenum his start in the NFL, signing him to the Houston Texans’ practice squad after he went undrafted in 2012.

https://sports.yahoo.com/broncos-pick-case-keenum-leaving-battle-kirk-cousins-vikings-jets-cards-064030322.html

Just now, vike daddy said:

According to a team source, two factors solidified Denver’s pursuit of Keenum: The strong support of Broncos senior personnel adviser Gary Kubiak, and a player-friendly contract structure that is being pursued by Kirk Cousins. Kubiak gave Keenum his start in the NFL, signing him to the Houston Texans’ practice squad after he went undrafted in 2012.

https://sports.yahoo.com/broncos-pick-case-keenum-leaving-battle-kirk-cousins-vikings-jets-cards-064030322.html

"Player-friendly contract structure that is being pursed by Kirk Cousins" .... interesting

37 minutes ago, disaacs said:

If true, I hope it's front-loaded, because in case he sucks, I'd rather it have less of an impact 2 years from now.  

He might not be better than Keenum last year, but I really doubt that he will suck. We've seen enough of him to know what the team is getting. The team is getting an average QB. He won't be great but he isn't going to stink either. He'll make some plays that makes us really scratch our heads from time to time but he will also make some really nice plays.

19 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

3rd round comp pick potential ... so I'm happy .... but 2 year deal, means that DEN likely still could take QB at #5

I wonder how much is guaranteed money... this 2/18 per is likely from the agent side

$18M most definitely will slot him in as a third rounder. If reports are two that the Vikings are signing Cousins they will cancel each other out as third rounders. The Vikings still will likely have a net loss of free agents. With these two cancelling each other out the Vikings currently would be at no compensatory picks. Effectively, Cousins is costing the team a third round pick and the contract. Not sure about the value on the contract, but a third round pick for a starting QB is a very nice price.

Archived