Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

35 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Good grief... How can someone that chooses to spend so much of his time following the Packers be so completely wrong about their finances?

In and around ninety years (90) ago, Earl Luis Lambeau passed the hat at the Acme Packing Company to prevent the team from folding. So, by "ever?", the Packers may be worse off than that?

Easy with the grief. I spend all of no time studying the GBPs finances. Zip. I'm more than comfortable letting them handle it.

The top NFL teams by record the last ten years:

1. New England (123-37-0)
2. Pittsburgh (103-56-1)
3. Green Bay (100-58-2)
4. New Orleans (100-60-0)
5. Seattle (94-65-1)
6. Baltimore (93-67-0)
7. Atlanta (91-69-0)
8. Denver (90-70-0)

On 7/18/2019 at 3:03 AM, FinneasGage said:

is this a legit development project?

Google Map Titletown District, Ashwaubenon WI on satellite view. Most recent view provided shows the lands been cleared.
I was wondering what this construction was doing for the home prices right next door - so I picked a house and checked it out on Zillow. 

1177-1179 Brookwood Dr, Green Bay, WI is a single family home. This home last sold for $255,500 in October 2016. The Zestimate for this house is $195,636, which has decreased by $591 in the last 30 days.

Personally I dont think thats a bad price for not much of a house or property.

On 7/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, Leader said:

Easy with the grief. I spend all of no time studying the GBPs finances. Zip. I'm more than comfortable letting them handle it.

What?... Good grief, holy deflection Batman... O.o

I simply pointed out you've made the chose to spend a lot of your time following the Packer. Heck, you spend more time on this board in a year than I spend in totality on the Packers... With consideration to that time commitment, I simply pointed out how odd it was for you to make such a silly proclamation concerning the Packer finances.

28 minutes ago, Donzo said:

What?... Good grief, holy deflection Batman... O.o

I simply pointed out you've made the chose to spend a lot of your time following the Packer. Heck, you spend more time on this board in a year than I spend in totality on the Packers... With consideration to that time commitment, I simply pointed out how odd it was for you to make such a silly proclamation concerning the Packer finances.

I understood your first comment Donzo and replied accordingly. I dont trouble myself with the GBP financing.

The Draft Network: Top 5 All-Time OL Big Board

The game of football is forever evolving. From discovering that you could actually pass the ball through the air all the way to trying to get as many wide receivers on the field as possible, football is always changing. Coaches are figuring out how to accomplish their goals, not just better but faster. This has led to a lot of excitement and always keeps our interests high. But through all the changes, one mantra remains: football is won and lost in the trenches.

1. Anthony Munoz
2. John Hannah
3. Forrest Gregg - Anytime you have the Super Bowl trophy named after you like Vince Lombardi does, you know you did something right. And anytime the guy who the Super Bowl trophy is named after calls you "the greatest player I ever coached" you can bet that holds some weight, too.Throughout his 15-year career from 1956-1971, Gregg’s 188 consecutive starts set an NFL record, which is an insane amount of consecutive starts for an offensive lineman. With the Packers, Gregg won seven championship (five NFL titles and two Super Bowls).
4. Larry Allen
5. Bruce Matthews

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

The Draft Network: Top 5 All-Time OL Big Board

The game of football is forever evolving. From discovering that you could actually pass the ball through the air all the way to trying to get as many wide receivers on the field as possible, football is always changing. Coaches are figuring out how to accomplish their goals, not just better but faster. This has led to a lot of excitement and always keeps our interests high. But through all the changes, one mantra remains: football is won and lost in the trenches.

1. Anthony Munoz
2. John Hannah
3. Forrest Gregg - Anytime you have the Super Bowl trophy named after you like Vince Lombardi does, you know you did something right. And anytime the guy who the Super Bowl trophy is named after calls you "the greatest player I ever coached" you can bet that holds some weight, too.Throughout his 15-year career from 1956-1971, Gregg’s 188 consecutive starts set an NFL record, which is an insane amount of consecutive starts for an offensive lineman. With the Packers, Gregg won seven championship (five NFL titles and two Super Bowls).
4. Larry Allen
5. Bruce Matthews

I always think it's weird how recency bias for all time rankings is strong until you get to offensive lineman. I'm happy though. 

I think Munoz and and Hannah are the top 2 though. Can't say I'd put Gregg third.