Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

KC has a pass heavy scheme, a bad defense, no running game, and a clear need for an upgrade at WR2.  GB has a (debatable) need to upgrade WR2 and none of the rest.

I don't know how OBJ could want anything more that what KC can offer if his goal is to showcase what he has left as a WR.  I'd expect him to see double the targets as a WR2 in the KC offense vs what he would see as a WR2 in GB.

You're certainly proving to be a bummer today! :)

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You can see him hedging his bet from that point forward.  IF OBJ signs somewhere else tomorrow, you'll probably talk about some significant change that he didn't foresee.

And it's already happened.  After it comes out that New England isn't even a finalist, he's now talking about how Belichick and N'Keal Harry had a heart to heart, and that he'd have to compete with him and Nelson Agholor for snaps.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

KC has a pass heavy scheme, a bad defense, no running game, and a clear need for an upgrade at WR2.  GB has a (debatable) need to upgrade WR2 and none of the rest.

I don't know how OBJ could want anything more that what KC can offer if his goal is to showcase what he has left as a WR.  I'd expect him to see double the targets as a WR2 in the KC offense vs what he would see as a WR2 in GB.

eh

Hill and Kelce have combined for 180 targets so far this year.

In GB, the top 2 non-RB targets are 116 (Adams and Tonyan).

Not sure I agree that OBJ would necessarily be in line to see more targets in KC.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

From the moment he was released, I thought KC was the best fit. They have nothing at WR outside of Hill and the AFC is softer than the NFC right now. 

They do have Travis Kelce, so OBJ would be the clear #3 there. They're also all sorts of dysfunctional and I doubt a new WR2 will solve that.

24 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Even with KC in a funk right now, I do think that is probably OBJ's best option.  The AFC is there for the taking if KC can get that offense back in sync, and no situation will provide a better opportunity for him to boost his value heading into the off-season.

Their defense is still bad and they have @ Raiders, vs. Cowboys, vs. Raiders, @ Chargers, vs. Steelers, and @ Bengals on the schedule.

Ultimately, it depends on what his objective is. If it's to maybe put up numbers (assuming KC figures it out) then going there would make some sense.

If it's to have a shot at the Super Bowl, the Packers are clearly the better choice.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Probably, but that is all what immediately came to mind when the OBJ being released story came out.

Oh....so it's instant analysis eh? Aren't you the quick study :)
It's taken awhile for my rational mind to catch up to my "want to" mind.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It seems safe to say that the contract amount is not his primary concern if OBJ's 3 finalists are GB, KC and NO

Probably so.  Seems like he wants to play on a winning franchise with a shot at a Super Bowl plus the potential to display his talents for future payday.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

eh

Not sure I agree that OBJ would necessarily be in line to see more targets in KC.

True enough that I pulled the "twice as many targets" assertion completely out of my ***

Seemed like a good time for some hyperbole.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

eh

To break it down more:

Hill - 101

Kelce - 79 

Hardman - 53

D Williams - 28

Pringle - 25

vs

Adams - 87

A Jones - 41

Tonyan - 29

Cobb - 28

Lazard - 22

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

If it's to have a shot at the Super Bowl, the Packers are clearly the better choice.

We have the winner. Above all else.....its the ring.

OBJ = Gollum and he wants that ring.
Hence, he wants Green Bay :)

I've decided to let the irrational side of my mind run with the ball for awhile longer.....

Edited by Leader

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

To break it down more:

Hill - 101

Kelce - 79 

Hardman - 53

D Williams - 28

Pringle - 25

vs

Adams - 87

A Jones - 41

Tonyan - 29

Cobb - 28

Lazard - 22

So what you are saying is that the KC WR2 has nearly double the targets of the GB WR2?