Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

So what you are saying is that the KC WR2 has nearly double the targets of the GB WR2?

Well technically MVS is our #2 and he's missed what......the last three games?
Still - IMO - the need at WR2 for Green Bay is glaring.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And it's already happened.  After it comes out that New England isn't even a finalist, he's now talking about how Belichick and N'Keal Harry had a heart to heart, and that he'd have to compete with him and Nelson Agholor for snaps.

I hate accounts like this. You can especially they're garbage when they pin their one "rumor" out of the dozens/hundreds of misfires.

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well technically MVS is our #2 and he's missed what......the last three games?
Still - IMO - the need at WR2 for Green Bay is glaring.

Just so we're in sync, I am only in here posting to be a jerk.  I think OBJ has plenty of value in GB, and his expressed interest in being a Packer speaks pretty clearly to the idea that he does too.

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's just a parrot account.  They find "rumors" somewhere on Twitter, and regurgitate them.

This is why I can’t get into the “trade rumors”. A bunch of people who stand to make money speculating on fan’s hopes of a name player coming to their team quoting other “sources” who benefit from the clicks. It’s a giant echo chamber and very little based on people who are actually in the room.

Any move like this in GB, I’ll believe it when I see it. I know people, including me, wanted TT to make more moves. The way he got Julius Peppers here, where the contract was signed before any news came out about the possibility, I like that. The media probably hated it. 

58 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:
MVS: Better deep threat than OBJ

Lazard: Better blocker than OBJ

Cobb: Better 3rd down receiver than OBJ

Adams: Better at everything than OBJ

I'm not sure what role OBJ would even have on the #Packers

But if he's #2 in all of those categories, he's better than all of those options (except Adams). I'm not saying he is, but the argument is merit less as stated. 

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Just so we're in sync, I am only in here posting to be a jerk.  I think OBJ has plenty of value in GB, and his expressed interest in being a Packer speaks pretty clearly to the idea that he does too.

Oh. Thanks for that. Now I can add you to the "Sometimes posts to be a jerk" file and remove you from the "Always offers astute observations" file :)