Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

41 minutes ago, R T said:

The Packers waived Will Redmond off the IR today. I believe that would make him eligible to return before the playoff for the Packers, but any other team can sign him right away. I think that is correct.  

Yeah, I saw that and wondered why with the timing.  Is he healthy now? 

He is probably better than Yiadom, maybe Black, and Vernon Scott has played 3 snaps this season.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We should probably bring him back so he can misplay another potential interception in the playoffs.

Yes - he certainly blew that play - but (IMO) he's far better than 41 in coverage. Doesnt take much....but he's at least that.

Tom Pelissero -  Packers All-Pro LT David Bakhtiari had arthroscopic surgery recently to clean up the knee that was reconstructed back in January. Bakhtiari won’t practice or play again this week, but there’s optimism he’ll be back for the stretch run.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Tom Pelissero -  Packers All-Pro LT David Bakhtiari had arthroscopic surgery recently to clean up the knee that was reconstructed back in January. Bakhtiari won’t practice or play again this week, but there’s optimism he’ll be back for the stretch run.

WOW!

Edited by R T

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

OK, so when people, including me, were saying there must have been a setback I guess we were right. Even when people were posting tweets quoting MLF saying there was no set back. 

It now makes sense why he hasn't played and it wasn't the normal mantra of the Packers are too cautious with injured players. Maybe we can put that to bed for good when Jones and Gary play this week. 

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

Things just keep getting better and better!

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Is this a common thing among people who have ACL surgery? 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

OK, so when people, including me, were saying there must have been a setback I guess we were right. Even when people were posting tweets quoting MLF saying there was no set back. 

It now makes sense why he hasn't played and it wasn't the normal mantra of the Packers are too cautious with injured players. Maybe we can put that to bed for good when Jones and Gary play this week. 

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

Damnit. When was "recently"?

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Damnit. When was "recently"?

I don't know but a 'clean up' surgery should not set him back more than 2-3 weeks would be my guess. I'm thinking he's back after the bye week. Just a guess as I'm no doctor and don't play on on TV either.