Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, 15412 said:

What's the gut feeling here, Rodg going to make the announcement tomorrow on his favorite podcast as rumored?

I would think if he were to be traded the team would make that announcement, but if he was going to stay here they'd let him do it, especially with the brass at the combine....

Just my guess, but he will announce his intentions either when Adams signs a new deal (which I doubt will occur right now), or March 8th.

24 minutes ago, Norm said:

We need to stop acting like we're the first team this happened to them instead of the last. 

I mean, it is very atypical for an expected playoff contending team to host a "home" international game. In the last 5 years, the teams that predominantly host these games have been Jax, Miami, ATL and the Raiders, none of which over that stretch were ever serious contenders. Really the only "good" team who has hosted such a game over that stretch has been the Rams in 2017 and 2019, but they fit into the second box of likely candidates for those games...teams with bad fan attendance records. 

Now this year, with the Saints, Bucs and Packers all hosting those games, maybe we can say that'll be the new trend going forward but it certainly hasn't been the trend for those type of quality teams to host these games. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean, it is very atypical for an expected playoff contending team to host a "home" international game. In the last 5 years, the teams that predominantly host these games have been Jax, Miami, ATL and the Raiders, none of which over that stretch were ever serious contenders. Really the only "good" team who has hosted such a game over that stretch has been the Rams in 2017 and 2019, but they fit into the second box of likely candidates for those games...teams with bad fan attendance records. 

Now this year, with the Saints, Bucs and Packers all hosting those games, maybe we can say that'll be the new trend going forward but it certainly hasn't been the trend for those type of quality teams to host these games. 

Last year was also the first year of teams having an "extra" home game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean, it is very atypical for an expected playoff contending team to host a "home" international game. In the last 5 years, the teams that predominantly host these games have been Jax, Miami, ATL and the Raiders, none of which over that stretch were ever serious contenders. Really the only "good" team who has hosted such a game over that stretch has been the Rams in 2017 and 2019, but they fit into the second box of likely candidates for those games...teams with bad fan attendance records. Now this year, with the Saints, Bucs and Packers all hosting those games, maybe we can say that'll be the new trend going forward but it certainly hasn't been the trend for those type of quality teams to host these games. 

They demand we have to host a home playoff game overseas.....then I'll take note. Till then - everybody has to do it sometime and we've not done it for long time. Who knows.....maybe we'll play better.

If the NFL wants to be serious about their overseas platform - they cant keep sending the dregs of the league. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Rachel Hopmayer -  Packers Mark Murphy says Green Bay is one of three finalists to host 2024 NFL Draft. It’s between GB, Detroit and Washington, DC. They expect to hear by league meetings at end of March at the latest.

Hopefully we'll still be reaping the benefits of a Rodgers trade. 

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Rachel Hopmayer -  Packers Mark Murphy says Green Bay is one of three finalists to host 2024 NFL Draft. It’s between GB, Detroit and Washington, DC. They expect to hear by league meetings at end of March at the latest.

Can't see Washington getting it after all the turmoil they've caused.  But, we'll see.  

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Where would they hold it? In the Atrium of the stadium?
These things have gotta kinda large.....

I think they would shoot for Lambeau.  Either the Atrium with limited fans, or in the stadium with a big concert like setup with a covered stage.  They held the draft in Chicago outside a few years back.  Its late April, but with a huge budget and TV  production to pull it off, they could do a lot in Lambeau and have it full of fans.

Detroit and Washington (new stadium pending) are two teams that could get the Super Bowl.  Lambeau never will never host one, not so much because of weather but because of insufficient lodging for the circus that travels with the Owl.  The NFL likes to reward teams for building stuff, Washington is in need of a new stadium and haven't built anything, the Lions already got their Superbowl you get for building a new domed stadium, so I have to assume the Packers are the frontrunner for the draft.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gravedigger93 said:

It's an indoor facility usually used for concerts and hockey games of the Green Bay Gamblers. It's only one block away from Lambeau Field.

Very nice place to utilize .. been there couple times and that would be a good place to have it.

Finally the Packers come to the UK and I'm praying we get the Packers with Rodgers!!!! Cos it would suck hard to get Love and the Packers. Even if Love goes on to be an MVP QB, if he is starting next season it will probably be a rough outing. 

I'm interested in getting a hospitality box for the game with tickets from £270 to £800 per person. If any UK or European Packer fans on this board want in, let me know!!

NFL.Com -  NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that the Packers and Rodgers' representation are working on a deal should he decide to remain in Green Bay.

"Nothing is done, but they are having discussions," Rapoport said on NFL Total Access. "They are having negotiations to have a deal, hopefully for them, ready to go if and when Aaron Rodgers firmly and finally decides that he wants to return."

Rapoport adds it would be a short-term deal that would make Rodgers the highest-paid player in the NFL on a per year basis.

• Like 1